PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the EVO 3D capable of using LTE Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I have also noticed a drop in my 3g speeds. When I had my Touch Pro 2 my speeds were fast enough to do anything I need ed to. Now that I have the Evo 3D my 3G speeds are horrible most of the time. Maybe it is possible it is something to do with the EVO 3d and not the network though. I am not sure. All I know is if the Evo 3D does not work with LTE I will likely be stuck with slow 3G for another 2 years (and paying $10 extra a month for "premium data" which I am not getting).
to test whether it's the phone or the towers try ur speeds at various times of the day/night and in a different town. where in WI do u live? if around Kenosha I can attest because the 3G speeds there were lacking as of the last time I've been there.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good thing is today Sprint is suppose to improve tm3g all across the board. I'm looking forward to that. I myself have had horrible 3g speeds lately. They better do it fast especially with all these new iphones getting on the network.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Man, i can't wait for sprint to get their ish together and bring lte to market already. Their 3G speeds have been the same for years while other carriers amped up their 3G and introduced LTE as well. I hate you, WiMax.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:03 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

when LTE is launched on sprint...IF it is even launched in the first place you all will have to get new phones that support it. It will be an easy year or two before this happens.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The upgrade people keep talking about is on Sprints end on converting wimax towers to LTE towers. That is just a firmware update. For the people, the answer is no it will not be able to run LTE. The current gen snapdragon processor does not support LTE, neither does the wimax antenna.

Back in the day the HTC Mogul had GPS locked and we knew it was there prior. There is no indication of an LTE capable chip in any of sprints phones.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The upgrade people keep talking about is on Sprints end on converting wimax towers to LTE towers. That is just a firmware update. For the people, the answer is no it will not be able to run LTE. The current gen snapdragon processor does not support LTE, neither does the wimax antenna.

Back in the day the HTC Mogul had GPS locked and we knew it was there prior. There is no indication of an LTE capable chip in any of sprints phones.
ooo is @gTen wrong about something? the thunderbolt has a snapdragon s2 I believe and it has LTE support.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ooo is @gTen wrong about something? the thunderbolt has a snapdragon s2 I believe and it has LTE support.
The Thunderbolt has LTE yes, but its a separate radio, the snapdragon soc itself does not have LTE capabilities. If we saw a separate radio in the tear-down which had LTE capability we would know.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Is LTE faster than 4G?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Is LTE faster than 4G?
LTE is 4g....its a competitive technology to wimax.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
LTE is 4g....its a competitive technology to wimax.
Yup, just a different flavour of it, but from what I understand its more efficient, correct?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D