PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jmana is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Notification Sounds

Got a weird issue with my phone, it will make the notification sound and when I turn the phone on there is no new email, no new anything. But here's what's really odd, when I go into the notification sounds menu the sound is turned off for notifications, and I can't make it turn back on via the volume rocker. The same goes for the messaging sounds. I have to go into settings, and click on "normal" for sound profile (somehow it gets set to silent). Anyone know what is causing this?? The other thing that I don't get about this phone is how to silence the notification sounds without going into the personalization menu. If I turn the phone on, and hold down the volume button it will silence the ringer, but nothing else, if I get a message it still makes noise. Even when I go into settings and set the sound profile to silent it will still go off. The only way I have been able to quiet the notifications is to go to the personalize menu and do it that way. It's really annoying.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

seedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Notification Sounds

The notification sound you are hearing is probably because you were entering or exiting roaming. I had the same thing over the weekend and finally figured it out.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jmana is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Notification Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedogg View Post
The notification sound you are hearing is probably because you were entering or exiting roaming. I had the same thing over the weekend and finally figured it out.
That may be true, but I still don't understand what puts the phone in silent mode. I certainly am not doing it, and what's odd to me is the few times I've put it in silent mode on purpose it still didn't silence the notifications. But when it goes into silent mode on it's own it is silencing the notifications. This phone can be so confusing!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D