PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Touch Pro kid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery / Display

I've been getting about 6-8hrs with my Evo 3D before I'm down to 10-15% with all settings off. No mobile data or wifi on. When I check to see whats draining my battery its says display 93%. Last night phone was on the charger all night Display says 95% everyone else is 1-2%. Anyone else having this problem? Tried to run spare parts but wouldn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this. I can literally watch my battery drain 10% in a few minutes.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery / Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch Pro kid View Post
I've been getting about 6-8hrs with my Evo 3D before I'm down to 10-15% with all settings off. No mobile data or wifi on. When I check to see whats draining my battery its says display 93%. Last night phone was on the charger all night Display says 95% everyone else is 1-2%. Anyone else having this problem? Tried to run spare parts but wouldn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this. I can literally watch my battery drain 10% in a few minutes.

yeah, my phone also says the display uses around 85%. the phone battery lasts around 7-8 hours if i continuously browse the internet on 3G though (worse if i'm in a car or train). what i've noticed is that when the phone gets really warm, the battery starts to drain quicker. sometimes happens when all i'm doing is using the internet.

did you try conditioning the battery? letting the battery drain completely then charge it to 100% (green light)?

this morning i took the phone off the charger around 5.30am, turned on 4G when i got into work at 8am. been using it to stream slacker radio and browsing the net since then and the battery stands at 47% (6 hours on battery, display is at 77%).
Old 06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Touch Pro kid is a n00b

I really have no choice but to let the battery fully condition cause I can't really charge it during the day. Once off the charger the phone is on til the battery runs out. If I can figure out why the display is so I can should be able to get through my day. I hardly use the phone and still only get 6-8hrs. Looks like my phone doesn't sleep cause the wake time and up time are maybe a hr apart over night when the phone just sits.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
That display issue is happening to me too. Don't know why display is sucking so much battery. I hope there is a fix for this. I will give juice defender a try.

Sent from my EVO 3D!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Go into your sync settings and unsync HTC hub and HTC sense. These keep the phone active and will not actually sleep.

I think first though, you have to add HTC by clicking add account, then unsync them....
Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

robul is a n00b

get juice defender and autokill. I am getting over 30 hours on a single charge with light use
Old 06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

are you guys who are having problems "topping off" your batteries? Basically keeping it "charged as much as possible?" When I did THAT my evo wouldn't last 1/2 a day. But while charging only when almost dead, it lasts a day and a half. Same is true with the 3d and the battery isn't conditioned YET!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

weezy13 is a n00b

having the saem problem when i updated a new rom on my EVO 4g. conditioned the battery, unsync'd all that i could and can barely get 6 hours on idle. added juice defender and it added about a couple hours. any other suggestions? thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I try not to use as much of my battery if possible. The more u use it, the quicker it will not last long.

I do disharge it totally every now and then. Just like anything else, it need exercise.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

It is very important to understand that when you see that your Display is showing up as your top percentage of use, that is very normal.

Basically the display is what is being used the most in contributing to battery drain, which makes sense since the screen is large and depending on whether or not you use auto brightness (I do not recommend by the way) or if you use a nifty "free" program in the market place called Brightness Level that gives you 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% brightness level in two clicks of a home screen icon (I used 25% most often, and then toggle it up if I go outdoors to 100%).

I have found that Display, and then Cell Standby and Phone Idle are always the top three items that are using the most of my battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch Pro kid View Post

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D