PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

View Poll Results: What Do you Rate your EVO3D?
5 - This Device achieved all my expectations and more 30 53.57%
4 - This Device met my expectations but didn't overachieve 16 28.57%
3 - Indifferent. It met my expectations somewhat 5 8.93%
2 - Did not meet my expectations but not terrible. 3 5.36%
1 - Did not meet any expectations, terrible. 0 0%
Other (DOA, Problems, etc.) 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Note II
Carrier: Sprint

Wiley_11 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tell us Your Thoughts!

Had it 24 hours, so far I'm thoroughly impressed. =D>
Old 07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Trigger is a n00b

Well now that the Novelty has wore off I can Honestly say what I have found, "ONLY DEALING WITH MY PHONES"(yes Phones). First phone Problem with screen overlay(dead spots, squeeze sides(not hard) n screen has lines across it), second was dead b4 i left the store(powered on n when it rebooted it was dead, tech was confused) third and all these also relate to first phone also, 1)HDMI/charge port does not recharge battery while using it to watch tv, movies, video. 2)Icons on the screen go to default when app is moved to SD card, 3)1Gig of internal as opposed to 4Gig advertised, 4)Clock function-touch clock use to go into desk clock, also the dim feature in the desk clock doesn't show clock screen saver. 5)Reboot feature just powers off(although It has worked only once 4 me) 6) powering on phone is a hit or miss function ( had to take battery out, put back in, then press button, and wa-la, screen comes on), 7)Degraded signal and dropped call-(I am in ROAM standing where my EVO 4G has 1bar, i hold them in front of me and turn 180 n now both have 2 bars n no roam) Speaker Quality and volume level is way below the EVO(audio range is below the EVO4G by 2db and cant hit the high ultra notes('kids only ringtone' works on headphone but not my speaker)- SO FAR...
3 updates already n nothing to tell me what the updates do. Think HTC is taking a cue from Microsoft "let the public test ur product for free n issue updates" Don't get me wrong I like HTC n there products but for $549 b4 discounts(I still paid $250) U should get a better product than the old model. I Have 30days, think Im returning it on the 28th day.

Last edited by Trigger; 07-01-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Coming from TP2, this 3D is awsome phone! Its fast and snappy. Maybe beyond my expectation so far!

That said, the speaker is weak and not as loud as the TP2.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

At first i didn't like it due to it looking like the EVO. Mentally for most people at least, people want a whole new design to make it look like another phone. EVO is great but they should of designed it like the sensation just to make most folks happy. The screen is pretty but not as great as the epic's. At least text is crisp and clear and easy to read.
My 3g/4g signals were absolutly horrible last weekend which might of been a sprint tower problem.

I do love the slightly thinner design, the aluminum camera button, aluminum body and overall feel of the phone.
Green hornet movie look amazing on the 3d Screen.
Sense is good but i still love Go launcher EX.

Which i could use sense widgets with other launchers.

QUestions though on some battery saving tips.
How do i set the time out for the hardware button leds ?
How do i decrease the vibration intensity of the hardware button ?

This phone has met my expectation and i would recommend this phone.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

Loving it. I think it's another WIN for Sprint.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

This is my first Android phone coming from a BB and it is amazing. I love it. Fast, responsive and tons of features. I need to get used to the touch screen keyboard (coming from BB) but I have had no lag in typing email and text messages. I am truly enjoying this phone but I need to get more familiar with Android and the apps available.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: sprint

cmanbrazil is a n00b

I think it depends on what phone you are coming from. If you are coming from the evo its going to be less dramatic then someone who is upgrading from a two or three year old phone. For me it is a pleasant upgrade. I don't really like 3d anywhere. However, I thought the effects in the green hornet were tolerable. I don't miss the evo however, because i was tired of the memory is low warnings, and having to switch so much to the sd card.

I think battery management on this phone is way better than the evo, although I will still be buying the bigger siedo battery when it comes out. I can't wait for a phone that lasts from seven in the morning until late at night. The only thing I like about the new sense is the calendar upgrade, except for waiting for it to load.

I think the hardware is probably okay, it is the software upgrades and new and improved applications that will make this phone shine.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It is a very nice sized screen but I think I'll look in to the Samsung Galaxy S II when it comes out (hopefully within my 30 day return policy) to see if I can get better battery life and faster battery recharges.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work

What I don't like about the phone is the awful quality speaker they put in.. try to boost volume and you get crackle.. How can they use such subpar componets in a phone that retails for nearly $600?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
What I don't like about the phone is the awful quality speaker they put in.. try to boost volume and you get crackle.. How can they use such subpar componets in a phone that retails for nearly $600?
Because they know you'll still buy it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D