PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: video conferencing Skype

Tango works well for cross-platform mobile video calls. I've used it with a few iphoners I know.

Are there any Android to PC video chat programs? Does Skype work for that?

Edit: Yahoo Messenger works for Android to PC video chat, just tried it,but image is sideways.

Oovoo works better, and image is proper! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-ap...t-epic-pc.html

Last edited by gullzway; 05-22-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

No, I was saying I was at the T-mobile store and the rep do a video demo for me. She turn this android phone on, then she went to the other phone and we can do video conference. I think one of the phone was MyTouch. She said it will work on any Android phone and any iphone.

1. I dont know what this app is. She said its standard built in?
2. I dont have an Android yet so I know nothing.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

With Yahoo and Skype, who do you think will do better and more full feature app for the Android or WP7? I think the Android.

I am suprised that Google has not come with a video app yet for the Android.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g
Carrier: Sprint

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

As it stands, I believe only Verizon Android phones can do video chat. I tried the skype app a few month ago and uninstalled it. If you are looking for video chat, skype isnt the way to go right now on the Evo.

Evo on 3g

Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Sprints epic works great for video chat. Tango, yahoo messenger, and oovoo work.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I thought the Android has a built in video program and it can talk to any Sprint customer that has a camera and iphone too. I saw a demo at the T-mobile store.
Qik is the app that came w/ the EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Tango works well for cross-platform mobile video calls. I've used it with a few iphoners I know.

Are there any Android to PC video chat programs? Does Skype work for that?

Edit: Yahoo Messenger works for Android to PC video chat, just tried it,but image is sideways.

Oovoo works better, and image is proper! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-ap...t-epic-pc.html
Have u tried Google Talk?

Quote:
No, I was saying I was at the T-mobile store and the rep do a video demo for me. She turn this android phone on, then she went to the other phone and we can do video conference. I think one of the phone was MyTouch. She said it will work on any Android phone and any iphone.

1. I dont know what this app is. She said its standard built in?
2. I dont have an Android yet so I know nothing.

it had to have been an app they added, like Qik, Fring, etc...

Quote:
With Yahoo and Skype, who do you think will do better and more full feature app for the Android or WP7? I think the Android.

I am suprised that Google has not come with a video app yet for the Android.
as I stated earlier, Google talk now supports video chat
Old 05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

robysch22 is just getting started

If the Skype APP works on Verizon Phone/network…. Would it be possible to “extract” that app and get it to work with other Phones/Cell providers on the same platform?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22
If the Skype APP works on Verizon Phone/network…. Would it be possible to “extract” that app and get it to work with other Phones/Cell providers on the same platform?
Nope, it somehow checks which carrier you're on.... Will only work on VZW
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

robysch22 is just getting started

Hmm now that Microsoft purchased Skype, it probably will go down hill…..
Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I think it'll work out fine... They may enhance some features considered they have the money to do it and you know what they want is to make it cross platform so they can extend their reach.
p.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D