PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to the Evo 3D!?
Upgrade to Evo 3D! 93 68.89%
Stick with your Evo 4G! 17 12.59%
Upgrade and keep your Evo 4G! 14 10.37%
Wait for something else/better! 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 3D!

When they make processor announcements, thats when they will start shipping to HTC, Samsung etc.....so add another 6 months for device developement. I'll get the 3D and by the time I get another upgrade, the quad cores will be out.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
When they make processor announcements, thats when they will start shipping to HTC, Samsung etc.....so add another 6 months for device developement. I'll get the 3D and by the time I get another upgrade, the quad cores will be out.
Well..they already sent samples to HTC, Samsung and etc..in 2010 Q4..so they got a whole year to come up with a product and out the door :/..so they got no excuse not to release one in Q4 of 2011...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well..they already sent samples to HTC, Samsung and etc..in 2010 Q4..so they got a whole year to come up with a product and out the door :/..so they got no excuse not to release one in Q4 of 2011...
True gTen, But Nvidia also promise us that tegra 2 would be out in Q4 2010 and that didn't happen! So only time will tell if they deliver on their promise...so far there track record isn't good!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

I voted upgrade to the evo 3d... but thats dependent on if it has 4g. Most of the specs I have read dont mention 4g.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I personally dont care about 4G. If im not near an outlet, I barely keep on the 3G. If the 4G radio didnt suck so much battery....
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Master Kimosabi

And do we really need 2 threads about the same thing with the same 4 of us posting?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
I voted upgrade to the evo 3d... but thats dependent on if it has 4g. Most of the specs I have read dont mention 4g.
Yes it has 4G, Android Forums - View Single Post - What features do you want on the Evo 2? I thought everyone knew it would come with 4G, but this dude also explains how calling it the Evo 3G 4G would be a mouth full (which I agree!) Also In this post this guy who work for sprint states how they go to that forum site and see what geeks like us want on the phone etc...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
True gTen, But Nvidia also promise us that tegra 2 would be out in Q4 2010 and that didn't happen! So only time will tell if they deliver on their promise...so far there track record isn't good!
umm..thats up to the manufacturers...not nvidia..that said the Tegra 2 sampels were given out in Q1 of 2010...and first phone appeared in Q1 of 2011..and this was before Nvidia had a distribution channel...either way by trend if they released samples Q4 of 2010, no reason why Q4 of 2011 they should not have a phone out...

What am I expecting? Nexus 3 with a quad-core and next gen OS *drool*
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor

I want a 3D Phone but I might wait till their is a 3D HTC phone on Verizon they cost more but 4G on sprint is basically non existent. Also My 3g Speeds are offten less than half of what I was getting on USCC .6 Mbps today when I was on USCC 1.5 Mbps.

Last edited by Earmuffs; 03-21-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earmuffs View Post
I want a 3D Phone but I might wait till their is a 3D HTC phone on Verizon they cost more but 4G on sprint is basically non existent. Also My 3g Speeds are offten less than half of what I was getting on USCC .6 Mbps today when I was on USCC 1.5 Mbps.
Sprint is holding back on the speeds, when 4G was first released you have people who have recorded speeds above 30mb! Wait until Verizon get LTE in more than 2 states and everyone is on their capped plans after 5mb a month start charging people...I'm getting the Evo 3D

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D