PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to the Evo 3D!?
Upgrade to Evo 3D! 93 68.89%
Stick with your Evo 4G! 17 12.59%
Upgrade and keep your Evo 4G! 14 10.37%
Wait for something else/better! 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 3D!

The Evo 3D will be revealed on the 22nd of this month! The project specs for this device for those who don't know; This bad boy is shaping up to be a proper EVO 4G successor with a newer 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8660 processor, 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D 960 x 540 display (which, like the rumored Pyramid, suggests HTC is following the qHD trend set by Motorola), a whopping 1GB of RAM, 1080p video out, 1.3 megapixel camera up front, and -- of course -- dual 5 megapixel cameras around back for stereoscopic capture. When this phone releases will you get it!?!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

allaidback is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Evo 3D!

wtf! lol...I hate the advance of technology!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Didn't Apple set the qHD trend? then Sharp, then LG, then Motorola, now HTC...

Either way, so far Galaxy S2 is better >.>..unless they still didn't leak all the specs..

Me personally, I'm probably going to skip both and wait for that promised quad-core...since many things including the OS still can't make full use of multiple cores (even though A9 is superior to A8 of course)..so I figure by the time the Quad-cores come out this fall there would be wider multi-core support...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Well according to this Android Forums - View Single Post - What features do you want on the Evo 2? it will have a 3mp cam on the front.

For me, if there is better batterylife and a better video cam then this one with all the other added goodies then I will probably switch but I cant actually say till Tues after the announcement and what other things are added to it.

Evo on 3g

Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will wait, not worth it in my opinion. Though I get a new phone every year or less I think I will wait for this one to get topped
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Didn't Apple set the qHD trend? then Sharp, then LG, then Motorola, now HTC...

Either way, so far Galaxy S2 is better >.>..unless they still didn't leak all the specs..

Me personally, I'm probably going to skip both and wait for that promised quad-core...since many things including the OS still can't make full use of multiple cores (even though A9 is superior to A8 of course)..so I figure by the time the Quad-cores come out this fall there would be wider multi-core support...
Is this confirmed that a quad core processor will release this fall!? If so I'll have both, seeing as I have three lines and only one has a contract!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Well according to this Android Forums - View Single Post - What features do you want on the Evo 2? it will have a 3mp cam on the front.

For me, if there is better batterylife and a better video cam then this one with all the other added goodies then I will probably switch but I cant actually say till Tues after the announcement and what other things are added to it.
I read that whole article/post and that's why I stated projected specs! That's even better if it is 3mp front facing camera!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
Is this confirmed that a quad core processor will release this fall!? If so I'll have both, seeing as I have three lines and only one has a contract!
Thats what Nvidia is claiming:

Nvidia Thinks World Domination: Tegra 2 3D in February, Tegra 3 by Fall 2011 - Bright Side Of News*

They also saying it has as much processing power as a desktop pc with a core2duo :/

Says manufacturers already got samples of quad cores in 2010Q4 :P
Old 03-20-2011, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Sprint seems to be stepping there phone game up in a good way but even if quad core phones come out this yr, I would think a Sprint version may not come out till next yr or till next Evo.

Now if your talking about using a GSM phone and buying the 1st model that comes out whether it be a unlocked phone or a carrier phone, then it makes sense to wait.

But who knows, maybe you may see Sprint release one in the form a WP7 phone before a Android phone.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

rom x is a n00b

can't wait for it. i always like new toys

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D