PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] - 8/10 - SenselessROM 1.2 - A ROM with No Sense and a touch of AOSP!

FYI A new update is being pushed starting soon and it actually address a couple bugs.. I would sincerly recomend not installing the OTA regardless of what ROM you are on!

DO NOT INSTALL IT

http://m.androidcentral.com/leaked-sprint-playbook-shows-htc-evo-3d-get-updated-aug-23-conquer-4g-aug-21

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
[ROM] SenselessROM 2.0 -8/22/11- GB 2.3.4 (2.08.651.2 Base) - Now out!

Welcome to SenselessROM - For those who want the most pure AOSP / Gingerbread experience possible with just a touch of HTC...
All HTC and Google Apps are uptdate as of 8/21/2011. ROM is Deodexed and based on 2.08.651.2.

Updates in version 2.0
Complete Rebuild from the Ground Up! Now based on the Sprint 2.08.651.2 RUU!

Features
ROM Updater Beta - Download ROM's and themes inside the OS! Please see post #2 for proper usage!
Performance Tweaks
Overscroll
Window Animations
Removed ADB Notification
Extended Quick Menu
Extended Power Button
Ad Blocking host file
Google News And Weather App
Google Talk with Video Chat
All Google Apps Updated
DSP manager
freeza's modified Stock Kernel
Sprint HotSpot Hack for free Wireless or Wired Tethering
All HTC and Sprint IQ Spyware is gone!

Apps
eFS File Explorer
HTC Flashlight

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Hit the THANKS Button if you like this offering

========How to Configure and Use ROM Updater=========
Start ROM updater app
Press phone Menu Button and select configuration
Select Addon/Theme Update Settings
Select Manage Addon/Theme Servers
Press phone Menu button
Select Update Featured Addon/Theme Servers and select yes
Themes by scrosler will show up, press back button 3 times.
Press phone menu botton and select Check now
Theme list will be populated
Download theme of choice
NOTE: The application is still in development! At this time you cannot automatically flash the download from inside the app! When the download completes select "Apply Later" Now use the phones power button to boot into recovery and flash the downloaded theme. It will be located in "CleanROM" Make sure you do not select Apply Now because it wont boot into recovery yet!!.

This app was developed by puertoblack2003 and was ported with permission to CleanROM!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gtalk not included, but can't find in Market.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 soon to be evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

chulampin is a n00b
Re: [ROM] SenselessROM 2.0 -8/22/11- GB 2.3.4 (2.08.651.2 Base)

can i use this rom on my regular evo 4g????
Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Gtalk not included, but can't find in Market.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
That, clock and news. I will be uploading a fix tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulampin View Post
can i use this rom on my regular evo 4g????
No, this is for 3D only. Sorry man!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Service Pack 1 is now out! This resolved the issue of the missing Gtalk, News, and News and Weather!!!!!!

Download via ROM Updater. You have to check "Check All ROM Updates" in the ROM Updates Settings menu! To do this start ROM updater, Press Phone Menu Button, Configuration, ROM Update Settings, Display All ROM Updates, Phone Back button twice, Check Now. Make Sure you follow the instructions in post #2 so you know how to flash the update!

God will kill a kitten if someone posts that they cannot get this to work!

Added Some fonts to the Theme List....

Enjoy!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

New MOD available in ROM Updater....

Add recent apps to the pulldown menu - Stock Icons.

Your welcome
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

More Fonts

Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

drb115 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] SenselessROM 2.0 -8/22/11- GB 2.3.4 (2.08.651.2 Base)

Great ROM, really enjoying it. Going to keep using it exclusively. Just a few small things I noticed that maybe can be fixed in the next update.

1. The lock screen comes up when a call comes in (I see this is already mentioned in your notes). However, this isn't that big of a deal. :0)

2. When you use the back button, sometimes you cannot back out to the home screen. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly when it happens, when I do, I'll repost.

3. When sending a sms or mms message, the small "please wait" dialog box appears. For SMS messages this is not a big issue, however, when sending a picture message or an SMS message in a low service area the "please wait" dialog box stays on screen for quite sometime. I know in the stock evo 3d rom, this box does not appear and you are only notified if something goes wrong in sending the message.

Please don't take these as points knocks, these are the only things I noticed. Like I said I will be using this exclusively with my phone. I love the animations as well ).

Speaking of animations, one thing I think would be really cool is if you can add the screen off animation found on the google nexus s, you can view a short clip of the animation here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob4PN7s4WcY

I don't post very often at all, but I have tried every ROM out I have seen thus far, and am enjoying yours the most by far!!! 9.5/10!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb115 View Post
Great ROM, really enjoying it. Going to keep using it exclusively. Just a few small things I noticed that maybe can be fixed in the next update.

1. The lock screen comes up when a call comes in (I see this is already mentioned in your notes). However, this isn't that big of a deal. :0)

2. When you use the back button, sometimes you cannot back out to the home screen. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly when it happens, when I do, I'll repost.

3. When sending a sms or mms message, the small "please wait" dialog box appears. For SMS messages this is not a big issue, however, when sending a picture message or an SMS message in a low service area the "please wait" dialog box stays on screen for quite sometime. I know in the stock evo 3d rom, this box does not appear and you are only notified if something goes wrong in sending the message.

Please don't take these as points knocks, these are the only things I noticed. Like I said I will be using this exclusively with my phone. I love the animations as well ).

Speaking of animations, one thing I think would be really cool is if you can add the screen off animation found on the google nexus s, you can view a short clip of the animation here.

I don't post very often at all, but I have tried every ROM out I have seen thus far, and am enjoying yours the most by far!!! 9.5/10!
1. I am about to upload a fix for this in about 30 minutes. It will revert you back to Sense Lock Screen.

2. No clue on that. Never saw it but let me know if you can pinpoint it.

3. As far as the notification... Not sure about that not being in the stock ROM. I havent ran it for a while but I will add this to my "to look at list." Be advised this will be low priority. Sorry

I dont take any feedback in a negative manner. As a matter of fact I rely upon feedback to make the ROM better so if you have any suggestions or notice any bugs I consider it your "obligation" to post about it

Thanks for the 9.5 out of 10!

As far as the animation for CRT. Maybe later... Low priorty...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development