PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 2.08.651.2 | 2.3.4 | Updated *8/18/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
cool, thx....my house is not is 4g but I'll be in 4g area later & will test.

btw...I don't think hotspot works for 4g, u have to use wifi tether.
Yeah, thats what I thought.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Cool... 4G?

On another note...
Did you see they added native screenshots to 2.08.651.2 ????? (yeah, I think everyone knew this but me!) I was like.. whoa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I thought i read that somewhere but how do u use it?
LMAO.......n00bs!!

Old 08-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Now if netarchy's kernel could just be updated that would be great with the newest rom.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

uploading! I had it uploaded but discovered an issue to fix....

Old 08-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

blubberbo is a n00b

hi,

ok so sometimes i feel like i know a decent amount of rooting my phone and what not and sometimes i feel like a total newb :P

so i have my fully rooted evo 3d running viper rom 1.3 and i want to switch over to your OMJ rom. My question is, what do I need to flash and what wipes do I need to do. Do I just flash the rom and do a data wipe or do I have to flash the firmware you had a link to and the new prl also?

if i have to install the firmware, i would do the one without hboot like you said right? and just flash it from a custom recovery, like clockwork. what on this page

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2139042-post209.html

are the "Update Zips"?? under what circumstances do you want to flash the firmware WITH hboot? and what exactly is the difference between the odexed and deodexed?

thank you so much for the clarification and the help!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberbo View Post
hi,

ok so sometimes i feel like i know a decent amount of rooting my phone and what not and sometimes i feel like a total newb :P

so i have my fully rooted evo 3d running viper rom 1.3 and i want to switch over to your OMJ rom. My question is, what do I need to flash and what wipes do I need to do. Do I just flash the rom and do a data wipe or do I have to flash the firmware you had a link to and the new prl also?

if i have to install the firmware, i would do the one without hboot like you said right? and just flash it from a custom recovery, like clockwork. what on this page

are the "Update Zips"?? under what circumstances do you want to flash the firmware WITH hboot? and what exactly is the difference between the odexed and deodexed?

If you are using teamwins recovery, wipe cache, dalvik cache then format everything. Flash the updated radio and PRI only then go head and flash OMJ's rom. If you wait, he should have a new one probably within the next day or twol
Old 08-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

blubberbo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
If you are using teamwins recovery, wipe cache, dalvik cache then format everything. Flash the updated radio and PRI only then go head and flash OMJ's rom. If you wait, he should have a new one probably within the next day or twol
alright cool, thanks for the help. so basically i should just wait for a new one to be posted if itll be that soon yeah? do you guys have any plans on getting involved and posted in Rom Manager (keep in mind that i have NO idea what that involves or entails :P )
Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberbo View Post
hi,

word of advice when going to a new release (build or update) always flash firmware without the hBoot. Thats the only way to recieve the fixes instead of flashing one by one. And when flashing different build rom from the same or different developers dont be lazy, always wipe, flush and wipe again that way no traces are left behind
Also a deodexed has the dalvik relocated from my understanding which makes it easier to theme and apply fixes to, but it takes longer to load because files are being built. Anyone can correct me if I am off point

Last edited by Nygel; 08-20-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

new rom will finish uploading in 7 min
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

OMJ why you choose a different file explorer versus ES File Explorer, just asking because some like or perfer a different one or it does not play nice with other apks.
For instance some like spare parts and some dont cause how it plays.......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development