PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: signal bars... glitch or true reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
True, and same goes for the battery, some live in awesome coverage where the phone don't switch or search hard for signal, where others don't, causing Mad battery drainage, there's many factors in all this and hopefully they take the Time to learn....
Some do , but alot just whine and complain.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

I can speak for battery issues tho, I live in perfect coverage and have no issues with bouncing between towers. Probably just me using the hell out of it as usual tho. Specially since when I first got it, I couldn't put her down.
~mike

Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I can speak for battery issues tho, I live in perfect coverage and have no issues with bouncing between towers. Probably just me using the hell out of it as usual tho. Specially since when I first got it, I couldn't put her down.
~mike
I knew that was gonna be a problem when I read 1300mah.....
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I knew that was gonna be a problem when I read 1300mah.....
Don't you worry the TP2's battery was sacrificed for the time being until the ones I ordered come in. Post coming soon on these too.
~mike
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Phone signal bars , 3g Icon.

Talked with Htc tech online and he said the reason for the low bars and 3G icon not being on all the time is because when you are not making a call or using data the phone goes into a power saving mode and the display doesn't show the signal power or data . But if you are online or using data the 3G icon lights up and if you are on a phone call the true signal strength will show in the bars. Check it the next time you make a call.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Very interesting info jbh00jh...thanks for posting. That kinda agrees with what results in practical usage that I (among others as reflected in this post) have been getting. I have actually had better coverage on the Incredible than I have had with other devices and have yet to have a dropped call or interrupted data feed.

My battery usage has drastically improved as well, I think the Incredible just takes breaking in, or a 'learning' period for power usage.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Very interesting info jbh00jh...thanks for posting. That kinda agrees with what results in practical usage that I (among others as reflected in this post) have been getting. I have actually had better coverage on the Incredible than I have had with other devices and have yet to have a dropped call or interrupted data feed.

My battery usage has drastically improved as well, I think the Incredible just takes breaking in, or a 'learning' period for power usage.
Yeah , I was glad to get a strait answer on the signal display. He said HTC is going around to the stores to discuss some of the issues with the store personnel so they can answer more of the customers questions.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

HTC going to the stores (while being an insurmountable task at best) would be a great effort on their part. Well needed also, I haven't spoken with one CS rep or store clerk that knew too much about the Incredible yet (a few didn't even know what it was...even after the release)!!!

Now if only we could get VZW to tell us how to rease, erradicate....whatever this darned CityID (or whatever the name is) app. LOL
Old 05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
HTC going to the stores (while being an insurmountable task at best) would be a great effort on their part. Well needed also, I haven't spoken with one CS rep or store clerk that knew too much about the Incredible yet (a few didn't even know what it was...even after the release)!!!

Now if only we could get VZW to tell us how to rease, erradicate....whatever this darned CityID (or whatever the name is) app. LOL
They have always had reps going by the stores . All the phone mfgrs have reps calling on the stores. Just like in any other business. They make sure the store knows about new items , services, leave pr material ,etc.
I don't need to comment on the clerks - duh , duh and duh.
Can't delete VZW bloatware (CityID) until you get root. Need to go in Applications /mannage applications/ City ID and click on clear data and force stop. That makes sure it is not operating and pulling on the batt.
Got to run now (loading a new rom on my daughter's Imagio).
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible