PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Must Have Apps for Andriod on the Incredilbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALiens View Post
Gave u a thanks for Copycat and yz!

Antivirus? This isn't the first time I saw a user on here mention antivirus for Android. Are our phones really that suspectible to viruses?

I have Key Ring on my Hero too, but I can never get it to scan at any register. Have you had any luck and if yes got any tips? TIA
ANTIVIRUS- Depends on what websites (Facebook , etc.) you browse on and what you download. You have to remember that your Incredible is a computer that you talk on. Computers get viruses , can't hurt to have it , not like you are hurting for space . haha
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Another cool app, InsurePhone - for if you ever get into an accident, you can use this app to take a pic of insurance cards, plus you can call in claims directly. Now I wish someone would make an Nationwide app lol
if Nationwide was really "on your side" they would have released one ages ago

I used to be with them, they booted me after my first accident, been with Progressive ever since and its much much cheaper, and i just found an app for Progressive in the marketplace, i'm even more happy now lol :P

the Keyring app i didn't really try yet, but i plan to when i go grocery shopping next time but if my experience using barcode scanners are work has any evidence, you have to pull away slowly or move closer vice versa to make it scan, i even had to do that when i tried to get the keyring/barcode scanner app to scan my card barcode, but when it did, i was delighted to have it work, unlike the windows mobile apps that make you take a picture first then use a cropping box to find the barcode (lame!)

I'm lovin, lovin, lovin, my Droid!

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
if Nationwide was really "on your side" they would have released one ages ago

I used to be with them, they booted me after my first accident, been with Progressive ever since and its much much cheaper, and i just found an app for Progressive in the marketplace, i'm even more happy now lol :P

the Keyring app i didn't really try yet, but i plan to when i go grocery shopping next time but if my experience using barcode scanners are work has any evidence, you have to pull away slowly or move closer vice versa to make it scan, i even had to do that when i tried to get the keyring/barcode scanner app to scan my card barcode, but when it did, i was delighted to have it work, unlike the windows mobile apps that make you take a picture first then use a cropping box to find the barcode (lame!)

I'm lovin, lovin, lovin, my Droid!
LOL @ the Nationwide joke, but you're right though! I think the iPhone has a Nationwide app though if I'm not mistaken, but thanks for the KeyRing tip, thanks given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
ANTIVIRUS- Depends on what websites (Facebook , etc.) you browse on and what you download. You have to remember that your Incredible is a computer that you talk on. Computers get viruses , can't hurt to have it , not like you are hurting for space . haha
Yeah sometimes I forget that Android is a OS that as sensitive as Windows, and I only have a Hero so yeah I am hurting for space lol, well I was but now I'm using apps2sd. Curious though, how much usable memory is on the Incredible?
Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
LOL @ the Nationwide joke, but you're right though! I think the iPhone has a Nationwide app though if I'm not mistaken, but thanks for the KeyRing tip, thanks given

Yeah sometimes I forget that Android is a OS that as sensitive as Windows, and I only have a Hero so yeah I am hurting for space lol, well I was but now I'm using apps2sd. Curious though, how much usable memory is on the Incredible?
8gb internal and 2gb memory card stock.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
8gb internal and 2gb memory card stock.
Wow is the entire 8 gigs usable for app installation?
Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Wow is the entire 8 gigs usable for app installation?
not yet, but in the 2.2 update it will enable full app storage on internal sd memory as with sd card memory

and the memory alotted for apps right now is only 748mb
Old 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
not yet, but in the 2.2 update it will enable full app storage on internal sd memory as with sd card memory

and the memory alotted for apps right now is only 748mb
748?!?!? DAMN thats what I'm talking about!! Who needs app storage on sd with that much memory for apps? A little too late for Google to allow it now.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
748?!?!? DAMN thats what I'm talking about!! Who needs app storage on sd with that much memory for apps? A little too late for Google to allow it now.
well 2.2 is a major update, it will also allow Wifi N, automatic app updates and will have flash 10.1

the press conference to show it off is on the 19th i believe
there they will show all the new features of 2.2
Old 05-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
well 2.2 is a major update, it will also allow Wifi N, automatic app updates and will have flash 10.1

the press conference to show it off is on the 19th i believe
there they will show all the new features of 2.2
i can't wait for this update, just hope htc rolls it out quicker than their previous ones...

i also hear that the kernel is being updated to see more available ram, right now it does not take full advantage of our 512mb, i believe it sees somewhere around half or a little more of that. the rooted nexus one users have the updated kernel and they LOVE it. who wouldn't like extra ram? haha

for all those who like mma, ufc, and such there are a couple news apps for that too;

itrackmma - allows you to save event to your calandar!
mma underground - this one allows you to post on some mma forums as well.

both paid apps, $0.99, and $1.99, respectively. i think there are trials out there, haven't tried em yet though
Old 05-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

when i get a tracking number for a package it becomes an addiction. it is a love hate sorta thing. i like knowing where my package is, but hate not having it yet, and i need to check its status constantly hoping that it will magically warp to my front door. well, now (as if we need to be able to check package status more often) we are able to check our package status with:

Mobile Package Tracker - its $1.99 but it tracks just about all the standard shipping companies. a nice all in one app. it can even provide LED alerts for you. let the addiction grow...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible