PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdaniel3 View Post
If a ESN has been on the cricket network how do you get it back into the Sprint database. And it was an originally a sprint phone
If the true ESN on the phone is clean, just activate it with sprint, I would think...assuming the phone is properly setup to use the sprint network...
Old 04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by obelisk79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Get a Verizon account. Better coverage.
That statement some kind of bait? Sprint has been excellent for both coverage and reliability, not to mention the service plans put verizon to shame. ATT, VZW or Sprint, pick your poison, but don't actually buy into their marketing hype.
Haha. Agreed. But seriously, have you all forgot the talk of the town circa 2006/2007??? Sprint mutually roams on verizon and even is allowed TV, movies, and streaming on VERIZON's 1xrtt where verizon customers are NOT! If you have sprint in NYC, and the towers are being shitty, the phone seamlessly pops on verizon towers. You can even LOCK some phones to verizon towers. Combined with the alltell agreement, sprint TECHNICALLY has the largest coverage area.

mmm... backed up with facts like a good little nerf herder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_...ing_agreements
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
Holy hell... OK, one more time, for those who didn't pay attention before, and this time I'll put it in big letters for you:

Sprint will NOT activate ANY device that does not have the SPRINT LOGO on it. If it did not COME FROM SPRINT, Sprint will NOT ACTIVATE IT.

You want to change your ESN to get it on the network? It's a FEDERAL OFFENSE, and yes, they do consider it serious enough to actively go after you. Oh, yeah, and it STILL WON'T WORK. Any idea why? Oh, yeah, BECAUSE IT'S NOT A SPRINT PHONE.

Sorry about the overload of capslock, folks, but I can't stress this enough here.

If you want me to spell out why, I'll be glad to, but let's stop beating this dead horse already.
Wow.. dude.. Get a girlfriend or something. While changing esn might be "frowned upon" or even terminated service.. It's only a federal crime if doing so is with the intention of cloning a phone to steal service. that's the way the law is written. No one is hurt, nor cheated, so it's not imorral. service isnt' being stolen. What's wrong with you? why do you act angry and take it personal?

It's not a sprint phone? are sprint phones magic? no they are not. are tehy both cdma? yes they are. Will sprint and verizon phones work on each others networks? YES THEY WILL and people do it. please stop speaking out of your buttox.
the roms thread. All the mods have to do is move the previous version
to a retired area. Is that too much to ask?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyppc6700 View Post
Wow.. dude.. Get a girlfriend or something. While changing esn might be "frowned upon" or even terminated service.. It's only a federal crime if doing so is with the intention of cloning a phone to steal service. that's the way the law is written. No one is hurt, nor cheated, so it's not imorral. service isnt' being stolen. What's wrong with you? why do you act angry and take it personal?

It's not a sprint phone? are sprint phones magic? no they are not. are tehy both cdma? yes they are. Will sprint and verizon phones work on each others networks? YES THEY WILL and people do it. please stop speaking out of your buttox.
While the first sentence was just gasoline on flames I do agree with the rest of it. If you want to say stuff like this entropism then you have to back it with facts.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint

chokey154 is a n00b

Yes.....you can. I can attest to it.
You will not find your answers here.
Use your interweb searching skills.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint BlackBerry 8330 on Boost Mobile w/ Full BIS
Carrier: Boost Mobile/Sprint

SilverSpoonCells is a n00b

I am currently using a Droid Eris on Sprint's network. I am still working on getting Data to work but I do talk and Text as of right now.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

obonilla30 is a n00b
Angry Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

My friend added the esn/meid to the boostmobile network but I have not been able to get th Eris to work for anything, can you please advice. it all says " if you want to make a call or buy a pin card please hold for operator."
Old 09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonilla30 View Post
My friend added the esn/meid to the boostmobile network but I have not been able to get th Eris to work for anything, can you please advice. it all says " if you want to make a call or buy a pin card please hold for operator."
Try changing the PRL to a Boost PRL?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

obonilla30 is a n00b
Talking Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

Changed the PRL but no go. Is really weird. As if you actuall had to change the rom. please correct me if I am wrong. I was experimenting with a tp2 from USC. and is the same thing despite that all the information is change it will not even have the greeting for anyother carrier. What I did was I used an energy rom and loaded the sprint provisioning however is not even giving the Sprint greeting. I am not trying to connect this phone to sprint or even clone it. I dont do that stuff. I am simply trying to understand a little bit more cell phones. I was ready to have this TP2 bricked but nothing happened. please advice on what I am missing here. ESN will not be added since phone screen is broken and I simply refuse to have it fixed. If someone wants it I can send it or pick it up once if you are in Chicago. is a U.S. cellular phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris