PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get droid eris on Sprint network?

hey guys, any way to get droid eris on Sprint's network??? and does anyone know of an android forum site like this with cdma android users? thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b
Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

Why not just get the HTC Hero which has a slight larger battery? Only thing the Eris has over the Hero is a proximity sensor, otherwise specs and such are pretty much the same.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemac View Post
Why not just get the HTC Hero which has a slight larger battery? Only thing the Eris has over the Hero is a proximity sensor, otherwise specs and such are pretty much the same.
it's a gift from a relative, i'd rather be able to use it on Sprint than sell it or only use it as wifi dependent. i guess i could try and look for a trade.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
it's a gift from a relative, i'd rather be able to use it on Sprint than sell it or only use it as wifi dependent. i guess i could try and look for a trade.

Get a Verizon account. Better coverage.

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

obelisk79 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
That statement some kind of bait? Sprint has been excellent for both coverage and reliability, not to mention the service plans put verizon to shame. ATT, VZW or Sprint, pick your poison, but don't actually buy into their marketing hype.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
i think you're confusing sprint with att
sprint won the reliability test by pcworld across the country by a slim margin. verizon followed closely and att failed miserably. there's a reason verizon has better coverage than att... CDMA. same as sprint being better than att, they just dont have the balls to advertise and get sued.

besides, i hear verizon is the most expensive carrier out of all. there's a reason they're only charging 99 for eris and 199 for touch pro2 out of the gates.... they get u in the long run. but thanks to verizon if i decide to get a hero i can get it for 99 now
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Smile Re: Get droid eris on Sprint network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i think you're confusing sprint with att
sprint won the reliability test by pcworld across the country by a slim margin. verizon followed closely and att failed miserably. there's a reason verizon has better coverage than att... CDMA. same as sprint being better than att, they just dont have the balls to advertise and get sued.

besides, i hear verizon is the most expensive carrier out of all. there's a reason they're only charging 99 for eris and 199 for touch pro2 out of the gates.... they get u in the long run. but thanks to verizon if i decide to get a hero i can get it for 99 now

Try using anything other than Verizon in NYC, or in remote areas of NJ and enjoy your dropped calls. Personally that's the ONLY reason I stayed with Verizon... my company couldn't keep calls consistently stable while int he field serving clients, and my techs would start using their VZ phones and charging us back.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

sprint doesnt have dropped call problems in my 10yrs with them... its cdma just like verizon, the towers are everywhere. it's a US centric network. i travel to rural areas a lot and always have a signal, that's why i stick with cdma. i even get a signal on a ski slope when my friends get no bars. try that on gsm and no dice.

if you tried sprint in those areas and they had problems, that's really weird... you'd think those areas would have no problem with any carrier.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

seltrecht is a n00b

Anyone have a answer to this question? I to would like to know if it can be unlocked to be used on sprints network. My mother-in-law has a $600 credit with verizon and can get this for me as a gift, but im on sprint and don't really want to switch to verizon and i can't afford the hero right now....any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Also I know sprint uses picture mail and what not, if the phone can be unlocked onto sprint will it be able to use picture mail and other functions? or does unlocking it to another network makes some of the applications not usable? If so, what would that be ?

Last edited by seltrecht; 11-22-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KCS2K is a n00b

I have been researching getting the Moto Droid to work on Sprint. The short answer? While they are CDMA devices Sprint will not activate them for usage on their towers. The ESN numbers do not fall within Sprints range and they will catch this when you call to activate the phone.

I am sure there is a more complex answer than this but from my research it is not possible to do this big read phone on the yellow network.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris