PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

View Poll Results: How many hours of talk time do you get?
1.5 or less 3 6.25%
1.5-2 19 39.58%
2-3 13 27.08%
3-4 7 14.58%
4-5 2 4.17%
5+ 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

aanast2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond (battery): How many hours of talk time do you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Why the reluctance to try a custom rom? Battery life is not the only thing you'll gain... go ahead and try some...

Pete
I'm sure it is cool to have a custom rom. I'm not so sure how much talk time will increase. Standby might, but based on this poll it seems that most people (about 75%) don't get more than 3 hours talk time.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bold 9650

ekz13 is becoming a great contributor

custom roms make it better, plus you'll get so good at flashing, you will be able to swap them out during commercials.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah custom ROMs are so much better than stock. MightyROM has me so spoiled.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bold 9650

ekz13 is becoming a great contributor

for some reason though, not even getting through the day just doesn't sit well, maybe it's just my area though but still
Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Custom roms are "better" in what ways?

Do they only add standby battery life or actual HOURS of talk time?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Probably both. But overall they make the Diamond better.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx HTC Diamond

Brighteyes72 is a n00b

I just got the phone but thanks to one of MrObvious Treats I tried the drain battery and it helps, but also I still say it lies to you when it goes down fast as the first day I tried to drain, this phone just would not die like I thought it would. And you do need to do the reg-edit as, Juicy stated, the PollIntervals to 20000 from 5000 and while we are on this what do you think of changing it to 25000 would that help? Someone did it to the touch pro and it helped a lot anyone ever try it on a Diamond?

But the main thing I noticed is with the reg-edit done and re training my battery I get better then what it was. Not sure what it is yet but will know after I go to work this weekend since I will not have a way to charge the phone till I get back home and it will be getting used more. Also we got a Mogel here and when I got the Diamond they said they use the same chargers, I say don’t do it, Mogel charger makes my phone really hot so dose letting the pc charge it plus pc takes forever the diamond wall charger keeps my phone nice and cool wile charging it full in about 1 1/2 hours.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Changing the battery polling didn't seem to help me with talk time. It just notified me suddenly that my battery was running low while I was on a call and then turned off the phone. I recommend you trying the poll changing out for yourself to see if it works. Some people have claimed to have success with it. It doesn't hurt to change it because you can always change it back.

My phone/battery still acts weird sometimes. Yesterday my phone said the battery was dying (had one bar left in red) so I turned the phone off for a few hours since I knew I'd need it later. When I turned it back on, it had half the bars back all green and it is still that way now - a day later. Granted that is standby time and I'm sure if I was talking on it the battery would die asap.

I wish I could get a definite answer from someone using a custom rom on how many total hours of talk time they get.

It seems from my poll that most people only get around 3 whether they are on a custom rom or not.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The only way to really know talk time is to fully charge and then only use the phone to talk..who buys a ppc and does that? I'm not trying to be funny, but I prob use my phone as a "device" first and "phone" second. So to give the best answer that I can I would say this; Overall a custom ROM gives me better battery life than stock. VERY noticeable difference. Some ROMs better than others. I currently use Mighty ROM 3.9, a little old, but best battery life for me. So even if your "talk time" is the same stock or custom, custom is the way to go because everything else will be better, faster, and overall better battery life.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 08-24-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, I checked mine on a Sunday morning by calling my land line and leaving it connected until it died. I got just under 3 hours of talk time. Another time in a 4 hour period, I logged all my calls and got under 2 hours of talk time without using the phone for anything else.

Maybe I'm the weirdo here but a phone is for talking first and other stuff second.

Dont' get me wrong, I love the Diamond for all of its features and use them. Best phone out there because of its size. However, it is still a cell phone and I wish it could function as one for more hours of talk time.

As for ROMS, it seems as though I'll get more overall time (aka standby) but not necessarily more talk time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
battery, diamond, hours, s2u2, talk time