PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Screen protector, case or both???

http://www.case-mate.com/Screen-Prot...ors-3-pack.asp

bout 7 bucks at wal-mart! I just cut to fit...the speaker hole lines up perfect on the diamond.. i used the the template found here to cut to size.. will take practice to get a nice cut.. but these protectors last quite awhile...
Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

TrueEddie is a n00b

I use the stock screen protector that came in the box. Has worked well for me.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I use bestskinsever its pretty much the exact same thing as invivibleshield except for 10 bucks you get full body coverage instead of 20 just for the screen.
And yes if you want a super smooth slick cover stay away from BSE and IS cause they do have a kinda tacky feel but I LOVE it on the battery cover. It makes it feel kinda grippy and makes it look really shiney. And after a couple weeks they do get less tacky feeling but it never completly goes away.
BSE also has AWESOME customer service. it took 2 days to get my first one and after I installed it it had a rough lookin spot in the hardware button cover (May have been a fingerprint from my install?)
So I emailed them and told them about it nicely, not really overly caring if they did anything about and 2 days later there was a total brand new skin in the mail.

As for a cover I use this one-->

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-TOUCH-DIAMON...3A1%7C294%3A50

I found it for 7.99 with free shipping so you prolly can to if you look through a few pages. I only use it for work cause I leave my phone out on top of my toolbox with Pandora playing and Im afraid it will get knocked off, but for everyday use I just trust the BSE.
Be careful though, the first one I got didnt fit at all so I emailed them and complained and the 2nd one fit perfect.

AND.. Thats my opinion on the subject!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

this is how i roll, back pocket=wallet, right pocket=keys and change, left pocket=htc diamond.. had my phone since October and not a scratch on it, no cases or protectors, sometimes it gets oil and sweat from my cheek n ear but nothing a quick wipe cant solve

Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi
Carrier: Sprint

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post

bout 7 bucks at wal-mart! I just cut to fit...the speaker hole lines up perfect on the diamond.. i used the the template found here to cut to size.. will take practice to get a nice cut.. but these protectors last quite awhile...
I use these too because they are EVERYWHERE and cheap.

Where did you find a template?? Please share!

I usually stick the old one (temporarily) over the new one and cut around it. I think a template would be easier though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker

mminasian is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail View Post
this is how i roll, back pocket=wallet, right pocket=keys and change, left pocket=htc diamond.. had my phone since October and not a scratch on it, no cases or protectors, sometimes it gets oil and sweat from my cheek n ear but nothing a quick wipe cant solve
This is exactly what I do. Ipod in the other back pocket.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post

That is a good idea! I use to buy the 5 pac of universals from wal-mart but they were CRAP. I was lucky to get 2 weeks outta them before they were scratched all up
Old 06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminasian View Post
Ipod in the other back pocket.
im too scared to hold electronics in my back pockets... afraid to crack them cause im too stoopid to remember to take em out when im gonna sit down.. when i go swimming i have to double check my pockets after im in the water to make sure i took out my phone.. so far ive remembered before getting in, hopefully this year its just as good
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I use bestskinsever its pretty much the exact same thing as invivibleshield except for 10 bucks you get full body coverage instead of 20 just for the screen.
And yes if you want a super smooth slick cover stay away from BSE and IS cause they do have a kinda tacky feel but I LOVE it on the battery cover. It makes it feel kinda grippy and makes it look really shiney. And after a couple weeks they do get less tacky feeling but it never completly goes away.
BSE also has AWESOME customer service. it took 2 days to get my first one and after I installed it it had a rough lookin spot in the hardware button cover (May have been a fingerprint from my install?)
So I emailed them and told them about it nicely, not really overly caring if they did anything about and 2 days later there was a total brand new skin in the mail.

As for a cover I use this one-->

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-TOUCH-DIAMON...3A1%7C294%3A50

I found it for 7.99 with free shipping so you prolly can to if you look through a few pages. I only use it for work cause I leave my phone out on top of my toolbox with Pandora playing and Im afraid it will get knocked off, but for everyday use I just trust the BSE.
Be careful though, the first one I got didnt fit at all so I emailed them and complained and the 2nd one fit perfect.

AND.. Thats my opinion on the subject!
InvisibleShield is $11.95 for the shield protector on my Diamond and they always have sales.I just got 50% off for their Memorial Day Sale.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
InvisibleShield is $11.95 for the shield protector on my Diamond and they always have sales.I just got 50% off for their Memorial Day Sale.
Oh sorry I coulda swore they was 20 for screen and 30 for full body.
But either way, you get full coverage from Bestskinsever for about 10 bucks.
and I cant tell any difference whatsoever in the actual material.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond