PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7

A hard reset won't fix it. Trust me when I say it's a WM "feature" that Microsoft put into the build Sprint is using. Just flash a different ROM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work

I was having the same problem as everyone else with the texting and this new rom...but i have found the issue at least on my phone anyway. and the winner is WA3!! When Wisbar Advance 3 is installed and running my keyboard closes automatically when opening a new text. Everytime, but if I close WA3 it works perfectly...I am using the Sprint OEM ROM update with Touchpal keyboard, I did a hard reset installed each of my programs one at a time testing the text issue and found WA3 to be the culprit...hope this helps some of you out there. This is definitely the culprit on my phone been testing it all day!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Diamond

scott500 is a n00b

I wish it was that simple...I have the texting problem with a totally stock rom with nothing installed. I get the disappearing first word text or the keyboard closing on its own for no reason when creating a new text.

The only thing i found as a temporary work around is to hit the backspace key a few times prior to initially typing. The seems to give some relief from the problem.

You would think that Sprint would have addressed this issue prior to release. I mean could they have taken any longer to spoon out this "maintainance patch"? Sheesh...I hope they don't wonder why they are hemorging customers.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I am typing for instance, to respond to this thread, the keyboard starts to cover up what I am typing.I then have to hide the keyboard to see what I am typing and then bring the keyboard back again. I don't know he this is a ROM 2.00 issue or a settings issue.

I don't think it is a keyboard issue. It is that text does not move up while I am typing a response to threads.

Last edited by Biker1; 04-20-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: sprint

Brett8187 is a n00b

same problem completely stock rom. sometimes the keyboard will stay up but I have to hit the first letter twice to start typing then other times it will minimize. Started happening the second I "upgraded" to the latest sprint rom. O well, EOL of diamond isn't too long, come on diamond 2!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond