PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64057)

slow97tsi 04-07-2009 06:58 PM

keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7

Well i got a new diamond through assurion for the replace ment of my touch. Looked on the htc site and found that there was a new eom rom upgrade, so i figured i would load it just to keep it up to date. Every since the new rom was loaded im having an issue with the keyboards in the threaded text messages. Doesnt do it all the time just about 80% of the time and its annoying. I tried searcing but couldnt find nothing. As you can see i posted a video
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...th_Picture.jpg

-i turn the phone on and unlock it,
-go to the text portion of the slide and open the text
instead of the keyboard coming up and staying up so i can type on it it will come up and close its self until i open the keyboard and then click to start typing, Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it???

thanks in advance

ps i already reinstalled the rom update again and it still does it does it will all the other keyboards as well, and using standard text instead of threaded its fine

jtc8008 04-07-2009 08:32 PM

Re: keyboard issues on new sprint rom 2.00.651.7

My keyboard stays up. However I had freezing issues using non stock Keyboards.

Had to uninstall them and I'm stuck with the default crappy diamond keyboard.

slow97tsi 04-07-2009 08:46 PM

im not having a freezing issue, it just drops on me for some reason, and when i loaded this rom it had the pro keyboard on it :( so i reinstalled the diamond keyboard but none the less problem presist with all the keyboards that are preloaded in the rom

eenieMINI 04-07-2009 08:57 PM

try fingerkeyboard v2.1.1 I'm having none of these issues, tested with threaded mode no issues. no freezing. Also this version sets itself as default so there is no need for SIPChange or any annoying choices to make each time you want to use it.

Lennys 04-07-2009 09:09 PM

I find that it will lock on full QWERTY and not be able to switch to the Compact QWERTY which fits my fingers better unless I do a soft reset. Never had problem with the old ROM.

MrObvious 04-07-2009 11:27 PM

That reminds me of building my own ROMs with my 6800 and using builds like 20755 or 20931 and you had to manually go through the threaded texting and actually use the d pad to push up and mark all the messages read. Apparently this build is doing that. Try flashing something else (MightyROM!) and it should go away.

slow97tsi 04-08-2009 07:30 AM

yeah thats what i did i ended up just flashing back to the original sprint rom and relocking the phone and it doesnt do it so its has to be something in the build. I installed the new rom 2 times and it still had the issue so BOO!

MrObvious 04-08-2009 01:03 PM

It's a WM "feature" so blame Microsoft. Just reflash the 2.00 stock then flash MightyROM 4.8.

matty032 04-08-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow97tsi (Post 831622)
Well i got a new diamond through assurion for the replace ment of my touch. Looked on the htc site and found that there was a new eom rom upgrade, so i figured i would load it just to keep it up to date. Every since the new rom was loaded im having an issue with the keyboards in the threaded text messages. Doesnt do it all the time just about 80% of the time and its annoying. I tried searcing but couldnt find nothing. As you can see i posted a video
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...th_Picture.jpg

-i turn the phone on and unlock it,
-go to the text portion of the slide and open the text
instead of the keyboard coming up and staying up so i can type on it it will come up and close its self until i open the keyboard and then click to start typing, Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it???

thanks in advance

ps i already reinstalled the rom update again and it still does it does it will all the other keyboards as well, and using standard text instead of threaded its fine

I have had this happen at least 3 times with mine as well. The keyboard will not stay up. But, unlike you, I have to close the email/text program, and restart it to get it to work..:(

th3drow 04-08-2009 06:04 PM

that happened to me on a rom, it would do it randomly on anything i would type in. Possibly try a hard reset.