PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MrX8503 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best case for Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
i can confirm that the case works PERFECTLY, i used to have it before i lost it, but a problem i had was that since its a slide, the phone slipped out of the case a few time. Only dropped on carpet. But a great thing about the case is the fact that it basically has a microfiber cloth built in. I would definetly recommend it, but i think its expensive. I got mine for almost 35 shipped

ps. if u find it online again let me know, i wanna buy it again too

edit: foundddd it http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=168360
He said he has the Telus HTC Diamond, which is the same as the Sprint CDMA HTC Diamond right?

If so I don't see how that case made for a GSM Diamond would fit his Diamond. It would be an extremely tight fit.

I have searched far and wide for CDMA Diamond cases and I finally found the perfect one that I was looking for.

$24
http://www.cases.com/patdmd2v.htm

$45
http://www.cases.com/bzvs1.htm

Coupon Code 15%: 1196659237

I grabbed the $24 one, but the $45 one looks to be a pretty premium case, just a lil too expensive for me.

After searching every site imaginable I have come to the conclusion that whoever design cellphone cases should be fired. I would say 80% of cases out there are hideous, bulky, impractical. A simple slide case is all that is needed and yet its so hard to find. I got my diamond back in Nov, and I just now found what I wanted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by htclova View Post
not sure, but these ebay guys from hongkong usually take a while to ship...thinking of just ordering from expansys and cancelling ebay
Haha, It's true, the expansys is only supposed to take a few business days to your doorstep, but its like 15$ for the shipping... whatever you decide, please post a review when it gets here!

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX8503 View Post
He said he has the Telus HTC Diamond, which is the same as the Sprint CDMA HTC Diamond right?

If so I don't see how that case made for a GSM Diamond would fit his Diamond. It would be an extremely tight fit.

I have searched far and wide for CDMA Diamond cases and I finally found the perfect one that I was looking for.

$24
http://www.cases.com/patdmd2v.htm

$45
http://www.cases.com/bzvs1.htm

Coupon Code 15%: 1196659237

I grabbed the $24 one, but the $45 one looks to be a pretty premium case, just a lil too expensive for me.

After searching every site imaginable I have come to the conclusion that whoever design cellphone cases should be fired. I would say 80% of cases out there are hideous, bulky, impractical. A simple slide case is all that is needed and yet its so hard to find. I got my diamond back in Nov, and I just now found what I wanted.
That's awesome, and as you can see in a couple of my posts, I was not too sure about the slide in one, which I think is made for the GSM Diamonds like you said, but I have seen plenty of people who have bought this case and say its nice.

The two you posted are perfect! I think I would get the 45$ one, just because it has the microfiber cloth lining ("velvet lining"), so as you insert and take out your phone it cleans fingerprints from the screen

Do you know what the difference is between the "Plain Black Leather" and the "Vintage Black Leather"? They are both the same price...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Might as well cancel that order for that HTC slipcase. That is for the GSM diamond which is smaller than our CDMA variant. Here's video proof it doesn't fit well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQMPx0IqatI

I've been trying to find a case like this forever...just a slipcase with no belt clip or anything, so I can slip it into a pocket, I can't believe these don't exist yet for our phones...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Lurker

MrX8503 is a n00b

Yeah I really don't have any idea between regular black leather or vintage. Its too bad the site isn't more clear about that.

Another thing, I guess I didn't think about the velvet lining, that would be pretty handy. Also its padded and from the pic has a nicer leather finish. So I guess you do get what you pay for.

As for shipping, it defaults to $7 shipping, but you can manually select $4 ground shipping to save a few bucks.

"I've been trying to find a case like this forever...just a slipcase with no belt clip or anything, so I can slip it into a pocket, I can't believe these don't exist yet for our phones..."

Yeah I feel ya on that one, I was frustrated forever until I found these two cases. What makes it worse is that I would search forums for cases where the poster distinctly says CDMA Diamond cases, forum members still continue to suggest cases made for GSM and saying how its perfect. That is until you realize the case you bought doesn't fit, lol.

I can't be sure of it, but I think the $45 one I linked doesnt have a clip. You can also order the $24 one without a clip, but I was worried that the clip would be gone and just the bolt for the clip would still be there.

Last edited by MrX8503; 01-28-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sweet... Thanks, I will check it out.

EDIT:
"- With leather belt clip" - From the 45$ case page... hmm....

EDIT2:
Also, for shipping to Canada, do you need to use this option?:
International Priority 1-2 Days* (CANADA ONLY) ($17.00)

All the others look like they are for "US ONLY"

If you don't know what i'm talking about, look at the shipping rates for this case to Canada.

EDIT3:
Thanks for the coupon code!!!

Last edited by Hind1; 01-28-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker

MrX8503 is a n00b

lol, i guess it does come with a belt clip, I must of missed that.

Um, yeah I forgot since you're in Canada you have to use the Canada shipment method for $17, which does suck.

But I guess shipping charges suck anyway if you have things shipped from the US.

And your welcome on the coupon code. When I buy things online and theres a text box for a coupon code, I usually do a google search for it. Half the time I actually find a coupon code for it.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX8503 View Post
lol, i guess it does come with a belt clip, I must of missed that.

Um, yeah I forgot since you're in Canada you have to use the Canada shipment method for $17, which does suck.

But I guess shipping charges suck anyway if you have things shipped from the US.

And your welcome on the coupon code. When I buy things online and theres a text box for a coupon code, I usually do a google search for it. Half the time I actually find a coupon code for it.
Haha, with the code, and shipping, just so everyone knows... comes to about $55.25 for canada, for the 45$ case. I will update first post with these.

Check out first post for info everyone.

Last edited by Hind1; 01-28-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey, though the case is made for GSM phones, it used to fit my cdma diamond perfectly, the fit was snug and tight, but it never damaged the phone, it was just perfect.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Guys.....here's the manufacturer's website, if you'd like some more info and pictures.

http://www.beyzacases.com/cat-htc-to...ouch-cases.cfm

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond