PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7 megapixel panorama tweak

we're not talking about one pic it's three pics together. I agree the camera is 3.2 mp and can not be reg hacked to take a bigger pic but the way I see it is the software was limiting the pic size. It is what it is no one is forcing anyone to use it but personally I like the fact that my camera is taking larger pics.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

A "CCD" or Charge-coupled device is comprised of an array of single sensor elements, the amount of those elements is how the megapixel rating is derived.
For example, a camera with an array of 2048×1536 sensor elements is commonly said to have "3.1 megapixels" (2048 × 1536 = 3,145,72. So as you can see, software or reg hacks cannot increase the amount of those single sensor elements.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn6264 View Post
we're not talking about one pic it's three pics together. I agree the camera is 3.2 mp and can not be reg hacked to take a bigger pic but the way I see it is the software was limiting the pic size. It is what it is no one is forcing anyone to use it but personally I like the fact that my camera is taking larger pics.
That's fine and dandy. But you were arguing that your claim (of changing 3.2mp to 7mp) is indeed true, and when your wrong people are gonna point that out. It's best to understand that you were wrong and grow from this experience rather than make excuses for your actions. Now, go in the corner.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

stevedog1 is right I am wrong.... even though the cab makes your camera take bigger pictures doesn't mean it is taking bigger pictures!?! I think that's what he means? what ever STOP GLOBAL WARMING! there now this thread is useful... kinda

Last edited by jrn6264; 01-06-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
how was I wrong?
You're wrong in that regardless if you use interpolation, which is what the cab does. The resolution is still 3.2mp, and not 7mp.

Quote:
I'll go tell the guys at xda that they're wrong! =D> Thank you for correcting me
Ok. Youre Welcome. Have fun
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
how was I wrong?... never mind delete this thread and I'll go tell the guys at xda that they're wrong! =D> Thank you for correcting me
i would just let it slide, xda is a good place to get gang beaten if you call bs on the wrong user lol

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tru dat I'm done with this, starting to feel the gang raping here peace love and hair grease... I'm out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 PM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
tru dat I'm done with this, starting to feel the gang raping here peace love and hair grease... I'm out

Dont let the door......ahhh nevermind

EDIT: FYI...don't take things so seriously. Were really nice, and just messin with ya. See ya around.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the op is right. the tittle says panaroma tweak. this hack isnt about making your 3.2mp camera into a 7mp camera. this hack is about making full potential of the panaroma feature of your camera.

for starter, a panaroma shots are series of shots that are stitched together. for example, if i want to take a picture of a long @ass train, i would have to stand all the way back or zoom all the way out to capture the entire train from head to tail. the train would look small because i'm standing all the way back and zooming all the way out. Or i can make a panaroma shot by standing up closer or zooming in and take 3 shots of the train's head, middle and tail. now stitched these 3 shots together, i would get a nice high resolution picture that shows the entire train.

as someome said earlier, a panaroma shot of 2 captures of a 3.2mp camera should be a little less than 6.4mp (less due to cropping). a panaroma shot of 3 captures should less than 3.2mp x3.

the original panaroma feature in the phone is not making full potential by reducing the panaroma shot size. this hack will undo that. everyone should thx op.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

/\ that's the way I saw it....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond