View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 PM
sadthai
PPCGeeks Regular

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7 megapixel panorama tweak

the op is right. the tittle says panaroma tweak. this hack isnt about making your 3.2mp camera into a 7mp camera. this hack is about making full potential of the panaroma feature of your camera.

for starter, a panaroma shots are series of shots that are stitched together. for example, if i want to take a picture of a long @ass train, i would have to stand all the way back or zoom all the way out to capture the entire train from head to tail. the train would look small because i'm standing all the way back and zooming all the way out. Or i can make a panaroma shot by standing up closer or zooming in and take 3 shots of the train's head, middle and tail. now stitched these 3 shots together, i would get a nice high resolution picture that shows the entire train.

as someome said earlier, a panaroma shot of 2 captures of a 3.2mp camera should be a little less than 6.4mp (less due to cropping). a panaroma shot of 3 captures should less than 3.2mp x3.

the original panaroma feature in the phone is not making full potential by reducing the panaroma shot size. this hack will undo that. everyone should thx op.
This post has been thanked 4 times.