PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is the easiest/free keyboard to type on

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Ok, I bought SPB KB a few weeks ago, it really didn't seem like anything too special but it was a hell of alot easier to type on, later I figured out you can add gestures which made it even quicker, and in the options I found a vibration feedback option snd an option to make a clicking noise at key press, really for all of you keepin this thread going, I suggest you try it.

did you use a certain skin??
Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Touchpal Touchpal Touchpal!! Compact qwerty +T is insane. I am blown away at how fast I can type on this thing. My girlfriend has a BB and she wishes she could keep up in a IM battle royale!! I am soooooo glad I took the time to try it out it has completely changed my mind on touch keyboards.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocas View Post
Touchpal Touchpal Touchpal!! Compact qwerty +T is insane. I am blown away at how fast I can type on this thing.I am soooooo glad I took the time to try it out it has completely changed my mind on touch keyboards.
I agree 100%. I installed & deleted Touchpal at least three times, always hated it & could never see what people where raving about.

I finally read just so many positive comments about it, I decided to give it another chance & really learn how to use it this time. I installed it, printed out the owners manual (It's nice to be able to print stuff like this at work) & went through all the tutorials.

BOY am I ever glad I did!! I have not used a hardware KB in months (& probably never will again). As the man says "Compact qwerty +T is insane" & I agree 100%. That setup is SO MUCH FASTER than a hardware KB there is no comparison whatever......I can absolutely fly on this thing now in a way that would never be possible with a full qwerty setup.

~John
Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

michiganpsych08 is a n00b

So does anyone know if there is a keyboard similar to the iphone? I like the fact that the iphone pops up the letters as you type. Is there a keyboard out there that does that? I dont really care about the spacing and stuff like that
Old 01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganpsych08 View Post
So does anyone know if there is a keyboard similar to the iphone?
Resco Pro

~John
Old 01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Red face Re: What is the easiest/free keyboard to type on

Alright... I'll try TouchPal again. I didn't like it last time I tried it, but as an earlier poster said, I didn't really read up on how to use it and don't think I was doing much right. This was also using v2, and I see that they are now on v3.5.
I tried Resco for the last few days- sorry, but it was horrible.
So far, I like the regular Compact QWERTY the best.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
So far, I like the regular Compact QWERTY the best.
I like the compact QWERTY myself. I was using the Gullum Diamond KB in portrait T+ in my Titan/Mogul setups & absolutely loved it.

The Compact QWERTY in the TouchPro is almost identical to the Gullum setup & works very well.

The TouchPal setup is similar in a lot of ways, but has some really nice improvements over the free KB setups. Devote some time to reallly learning it, it is WELL worth it. I worked through all the animated online tutorials & printed out the owners manual & read it cover to cover.

If you do all that & don't end up preferring TP to all the others I will be quite surprised. I just can't believe the speed with which I can fire off a text message to my son these days..........(the spelling & word correction engine is absolutely amazing in this setup)

Try it once more & really give it a chance, there is a free trial so you don't have to buy it if you end up hating it.....

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 01-14-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anyone gotten PCM 0.21 to work on their Diamond. Every time I install it, it installs fine but when I try to go use it, it freezes the phone and Ill have to do a soft reset. Its a beta version so im pretty sure its still buggy but I cant get it work completely!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganpsych08 View Post
So does anyone know if there is a keyboard similar to the iphone? I like the fact that the iphone pops up the letters as you type. Is there a keyboard out there that does that? I dont really care about the spacing and stuff like that
what most people don't get is that the iphone is probably the biggest screen there is, and it is the most responsive screen out there. I know us diamond holders, are dealing with less, but everyone wants the iphone screen. INCLUDING ME!
since the screen is so big, the keys are huge, and it is by far the easiest thing to type on.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

fbis1 is a n00b

damn, didnt know this post existed, i had just created a new post, raving about SHAPEWRITER, well all i gotta say is that this program is just awsome, http://www.shapewriter.com/download/windowsmobile.php

heres a video on it : http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...apewriter-479/

Last edited by fbis1; 01-15-2009 at 10:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond