PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: My third Sprint Touch Diamond runs a lot cooler

oh yah check the hard ware revision what is it A00F or something like that?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
oh yah check the hard ware revision what is it A00F or something like that?
How do you do that?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
How do you do that?
Remove back cover, look on lower portion below battery, immediately below build date, faint letters printed on both sides, use flashlight if required.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

pop the back cover off look at the bottom right there should be a build date and hardware revision

mine is
17/07/08
Rev:FA00

TElus
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Huh, my Sprint Diamond doesn't have anything like that.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Huh, my Sprint Diamond doesn't have anything like that.
its there its a pain in the arse to see its in gray lettering it was stamped into the black sticker above the word "reset"
Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Oh OK, there it is. Mine says the same.

In ##PST# the hardware version says 0080 and manufacture date 7/31/08.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Retired Staff

so its the same hardware revision...

can the OP tell us his hardware rev. im curious if it has changed.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
To make my long story short,this is my third Sprint Touch Diamond for the last 3 weeks for me,the first one,battery only lasted 2 hours in standby,2nd one ran hot like hell,if i stream internet radio,i had to remove the battery cover to make it ran cooler,they both have the same manufacture date of 8/15/08.The third one which I recevied 2 days ago,it runs A LOT cooler than the previous 2,they all have th same Sprint Radio & ROM versions,but the third one the manufacture date was 9/15/08,i did not make any modifications on all three,all original Sprint stuffs,any1 received their Touch Diamond recently seen it runs a lot cooler?
strange, took my battery cover off. looking at the back there are 3 dates??

one above the battery that says 9/08/08 then rev:FA00, then one very faint below the battery to the left which say 8/25/08 then rev:FA00, last there is one more below the batter to the right that say 8/11/08 then rev:FA00. Which is the correct mfg date?

**update. if I do ##786#, go into the settings, the mfg date says 9/21/08 and hardware version is 0080. That being said, my phone still gets very warm so I don't know if this makes a difference at all.

Last edited by Riley; 10-31-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Retired Staff

who knows but it dont matter the hardware rev didnt change. which means its the exact same device as any other

if HTC changed the hardware ie. added a heat shield they would change the REV:# so they could track it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond