PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My third Sprint Touch Diamond runs a lot cooler

To make my long story short,this is my third Sprint Touch Diamond for the last 3 weeks for me,the first one,battery only lasted 2 hours in standby,2nd one ran hot like hell,if i stream internet radio,i had to remove the battery cover to make it ran cooler,they both have the same manufacture date of 8/15/08.The third one which I recevied 2 days ago,it runs A LOT cooler than the previous 2,they all have th same Sprint Radio & ROM versions,but the third one the manufacture date was 9/15/08,i did not make any modifications on all three,all original Sprint stuffs,any1 received their Touch Diamond recently seen it runs a lot cooler?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My third Sprint Touch Diamond runs a lot cooler

I went into a store last night for them to check out my phone after having the same kinds of issues; heat, battery problems, etc. They just gave me a new battery, despite the battery passing tests. It's only been a day, but my phone's been running cooler and the battery seems to be lasting longer.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Well it's not the battery (middle back of the unit). It's the Processor/Radio that gets hot (the bottom back of the unit).
Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Well it's not the battery (middle back of the unit). It's the Processor/Radio that gets hot (the bottom back of the unit).
I realize that, I was just reporting changes with a new battery. I'm not insinuating its directly the battery, however you never know if a bad battery could have a negative affect on a processor just like a bad power supply unit could do the same thing to a CPU. Again, doubtful but not impossible...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

mario23 is just getting started

I was going to say I heard about all these issues but haven't experienced any of them with my week old Sprint Diamond.

Maybe they figured out the problem???
Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

there's a heatsink right under the battery that throws the heat down so it still could be the battery causing the heat.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
there's a heatsink right under the battery that throws the heat down so it still could be the battery causing the heat.
No, the battery stays much cooler than the bottom of the unit.

A heatsink, being a passive device, can never get hotter than the device it's cooling.

As for the "runs cooler," I notice that mine is running cooler. But that's because I'm just using it a bit less intensely as time goes on. Is it possible that's all you're noticing?

Go fire up Slingbox for 10 minutes and see how hot it gets.

What we really need here is some standardization.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use both Slingbox and WMWifirouter,on my previous 2 Diamonds,it got hot like hell,I had to remove the battery cover to dispatch the heat while is use,but my 3rd Diamond with the same usage it only gets warm and i don't need to remove the batt cover during Sling or WMWifirouter.I would guest either HTC or Sprint had modified the hardware slightly for the heat problem,the manufacture date of my 3rd Diamond was 9/15/08,my previous 2 diamonds were both made 8/13/08.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
To make my long story short,this is my third Sprint Touch Diamond for the last 3 weeks for me,the first one,battery only lasted 2 hours in standby,2nd one ran hot like hell,if i stream internet radio,i had to remove the battery cover to make it ran cooler,they both have the same manufacture date of 8/15/08.The third one which I recevied 2 days ago,it runs A LOT cooler than the previous 2,they all have th same Sprint Radio & ROM versions,but the third one the manufacture date was 9/15/08,i did not make any modifications on all three,all original Sprint stuffs,any1 received their Touch Diamond recently seen it runs a lot cooler?
Does your battery also last longer? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

curious..... i bet that new one has a radio heat shield in it. im getting my swap this afternoon, shipped via UPS. (didn't want to drive) im going to check the build date.... not that telus really had heat issues with its radio anyways.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond