PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mario23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond may be all I need

Keep it going guys. I'm very interested in this topic as I face the same decision. I having fun with my new Diamond and I'm leaning towards keeping it now but yeah...its a tough decision.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've still got my Apache... and now that the TP is out... I still can't decide.
I'm having a tough time resisting the deals on eBay for the Diamond. But I'm sure that in the next few weeks we'll see comparable sales on the Pro.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

militaryman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've still got my Apache... and now that the TP is out... I still can't decide.
I'm having a tough time resisting the deals on eBay for the Diamond. But I'm sure that in the next few weeks we'll see comparable sales on the Pro.
That ^^^^^^^^^ Ebay price made my eyes bug out until I saw that you had to sign a new 2 yr contract .

I got a diamond off ebay last week for $297 total shipped brand new in box -- no contract. Liking it so far...... really the only biggie I wanted to try was the tvout from T-Pro --- Thought about a hooking a switch box to work computer display that would allow me to surf web on T-Pro while viewing on Bigger screen --- and keep Big Bro at bay.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

docajay is a n00b

Militaryman
As much as we all love to, I don't think u can remove the cabs b/c they r part of the rom. Maybe some new rom may made without all these extras.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docajay View Post
If u do a hard reset and after a reboot dont let it do the sprint customizations by soft reseting 2 times in a row u will buy yourself 20mb. Also get rid of the touch flow manual from windows folder(about 10mb). Theres other stuff too like ringers, alarms that i moved to the storage card. I also noticed the stock opera wants to load in internal memory but the new opera 9.5 beta only takes up half as much space if u tell it to install on storage card. There are some interesting threads on storage memory that I found all this stuff.
thanks for the info. I tried cut and pasting the touch flow manual file to internal storage but it keeps telling me "not enough memory" and read only file. it allowed me to save it to my desktop though but it will not let me delete it, any suggestions?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by docajay View Post
Very interesting reading of everyone's opinions and much appreciated. I am also leaning towards keeping my diamond(also coming from a 6700 which I still like and use by the way).

I LOVE the form factor of the diamond, 4gb is enough for me, and I never used keyboard.

My question is what does everyone think of the internal storage memory diff between the diamond and the pro. My diamond had 46mb stock and I am up to 74mb after getting rid of the junk. I here the pro has 270mb. Is that a significant reason to change?

Ajay

I thought the CDMA diamond and pro were supposed to have the same amount of memory
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman View Post
That ^^^^^^^^^ Ebay price made my eyes bug out until I saw that you had to sign a new 2 yr contract .

I got a diamond off ebay last week for $297 total shipped brand new in box -- no contract. Liking it so far...... really the only biggie I wanted to try was the tvout from T-Pro --- Thought about a hooking a switch box to work computer display that would allow me to surf web on T-Pro while viewing on Bigger screen --- and keep Big Bro at bay.
The contract doesn't bother me. I've got four lines and only one of them is available like this. It's not like I'm going to change from Sprint any time soon.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I was leaning towards keeping the diamond, but I stopped in best buy on my way home and checked it out, it's really not that much bigger.....add in the microsd, camera flash, TV out, extra 256 MB ROM, hard keyboard.......i may just have to call in for my return kit once this bad boy lands at sprint telesales
Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TreoPro
Threadstarter

MobileBiz is a n00b

Can you explain the memory differences. This might be the biggest thing to me. What's the extra 256 for? Programs?

Is the 4gb of flash faster than a card?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
Can you explain the memory differences. This might be the biggest thing to me. What's the extra 256 for? Programs?

Is the 4gb of flash faster than a card?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...61&postcount=2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond