PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond Complaints (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41304)

neilson 10-24-2008 01:24 AM

Re: Diamond Complaints

Quote:

Originally Posted by athlet1c (Post 471752)
They might not have the touch pro in store stock next week

I mean after November 2nd, or whenever word comes in that the stores do have the Touch Pro.

athlet1c 10-24-2008 01:42 AM

Yes I do not see why . Also be sure to add the insurance

neilson 10-24-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athlet1c (Post 471764)
Yes I do not see why . Also be sure to add the insurance

Even if I'm within my 30 days since I had my phone activated?

athlet1c 10-24-2008 02:10 AM

the insurance usually takes 30 days to activate it so you should do that ASAP

gator352 10-24-2008 06:57 AM

I have 1 question. I too am getting the pro and sending back the diamond. When I buy the pro, price will be added to my account till they receive the diamond but it can take upto 2 billing cycles. My bill is going to be extremely high, but do I have to pay it all? Or just pay my monthly service charge? And if I pay just the monthly charge and not the whole bill, will they shut my phone off for non-payment?

darren.wlsn1 10-24-2008 07:21 AM

gator, thats exactly how im getting pro for free. im on my 3rd diamond,sprint still hasent sent me any return kits. got bill, its 1,500$. i went nutz, called sprint asked for supervisor right off the bat. told him im done, cancel all acc. told him been waiting month and a half for return kits. now its there probkem. also said phone gets too hot anyhow dont want it.he says can we fix by giving you the pro, plus giving me mir and taking that off my bill instantly. im thinking, hell ya. end result, i get to keep diamond till pro gets to house, bill fixed better than i wanted plus the pro. for once im lovin sprint. if you got any questions on this, pm me.

jason25 10-24-2008 07:55 AM

I actually called yesterday and complained about the heat issue and she is sending me a new Diamond as replacement. I am thinking about not activating it since the Pro is supposed to be released next Sunday. I will order that and when it arrives will activate it and send the old diamond back, and sell the new one. I don't know if I want to play that game though, seems kind of dirty. Someone persuade me otherwise.

darren.wlsn1 10-24-2008 08:03 AM

sprint told me the diamond will be sent to me on the 3rd. plus a new diamond wont fix heat issue unless the new ones have the heatshield installed. the pro allready has it so thats one selling point for me.

mercado79 10-24-2008 08:20 AM

I called in and was told that this was "normal", but since I'm within my 30 day return period, I could take the phone to a store and swap it for a new Diamond. I ordered over the phone initially. Either way, my main point was to get some kind of record in the system. We'll see what happens down the road.

athlet1c 10-24-2008 08:45 AM

Jason ,

don't play dirty ball with keeping one and not returning. They should have a record of that and it could come back to haunt you in many ways. And you already i know God is watching( Smile)

Darren I appreciate you staying on top of it and getting your complaints in. I will follow your lead and get my Touch Pro ordered today as well.

Mercado way to go on that , but i would still have them order the Touch Pro for you , if everyone else is having the success with it or at least make a note of it

Toinejuan. I am still interested in that video showing that function on the
diamond you had a question on