PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond Complaints (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41304)

athlet1c 10-23-2008 10:50 PM

Diamond Complaints

Just a suggestion to Diamond users.

I am on the CDMA Sprint diamond. I contacted Tech support to log a compliant with my current unit. I was curious to see if the complaints had been rolling in regarding the Heating and Battery issues.

I spoke with a Rep who stated he did not see any compliants on file as of yet. He proceeded to use a diamond for ten minutes and noticed the unit became HOt immediately with moderate internet usuage.

He said he will write a ticket and submit it to Engineers which usually takes 24 hours , which we know with sprint means 24 days.

I suggest if any if not all have issues please report these ASAP , so they can not play ignorant when the Touch Pro comes out. We know many are using this device as a hold out until then, but the complain is legit. It will also expedite immediate response on a fix , and hopefully it will not linger as the Mogul issues did.

Becuase i ordered my unit on line i will be sending for a return kit mid next week to help speed up the return for the Touch Pro. the shipping can take 2 to 3 business days each way.

EtherealRemnant 10-23-2008 11:11 PM

Re: Diamond Complaints

I fear that the Touch Pro will have all the problems of the Diamond and more... it doesn't really seem like HTC can spit out a solid device...

athlet1c 10-23-2008 11:14 PM

Yes I agree EtheralRemnant , That is why i want any and all complaints to fall in. I am not sure about other carriers, but Sprint has a history of failing to recognize or addressing problems immediately. WE do not want another mogul repeat.

Besides maybe it will forward more work to Critical audios department or others like it

Balastrea 10-23-2008 11:33 PM

I read a post here a few days ago which explained why the touch pro had been delayed and it seems that the overheating issue was one of the many bugs or glitches which were being addressed with a new ROM. I hope that these issues are all resolved too as the touch pro is going to be my next phone as soon as I am able to get my hands on it.

athlet1c 10-23-2008 11:36 PM

Yes Balastrea , we are hoping so as well. I like all the features of the Diamond , but i too am waiting for the Touch Pro. The Tech did recognize the issue , its just not enough complaints in the system as of yet to flag them. that is why i started this thread

Balastrea 10-23-2008 11:40 PM

Well thank you for that! Lets hoe that more will post here and help report any other issues so that there may be fixes faster! ;-)

athlet1c 10-23-2008 11:43 PM

Yes indeed . I do so as well..

darren.wlsn1 10-23-2008 11:51 PM

sprint is well aware of the missing heat plate on the diamond. i called today and there giving me a pro even trade for my diamond. im also well out of my 30 days. the pro also has the heat issue fixed, from what sprint told me. they also creditted my acc. the 100$ mir which i wasnt even qualified to get. when the pro gets here all i have to do is send back diamond after pro activation. as of today, im very happy with sprint.

neilson 10-23-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athlet1c (Post 471556)
Yes I agree EtheralRemnant , That is why i want any and all complaints to fall in. I am not sure about other carriers, but Sprint has a history of failing to recognize or addressing problems immediately. WE do not want another mogul repeat.

Besides maybe it will forward more work to Critical audios department or others like it

My hope is this. The Touch Pro will have the appropriate heat shield and us Diamond users will be able to switch to the Pro at minimal to no charge.

athlet1c 10-23-2008 11:55 PM

Darren.wish1 good call on your end. Who did you speak with . I called Tech support and he examined the unit. I am in the 30 day portion so I am still good. Thanks for calling in though we need more people to do so