PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I had the same problem as many others: When data is on (active or dormant, EVDO or 1xRTT (dormant), it takes many seconds for the calls to be answered, the phone keeps ringing even though I pressed the answer key.

It does appear that one of the tweak applications created the problem, at least for some. After much research, this may be it...

Take a look at your HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

When I used PHM Regedit to correct this, it seemed to crash (the reg editor never crashed before now). I had to use SKTool's regedit. I will create an export if this will help you.

Once I changed it back to #777, I can answer the call immediately when data is on, time and time again. Prior to this, there was a significant delay.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Edit: I also noticed that, with this correction, after the call, the data goes back to dormant rather than disconnected.
Unfortunately, that lleaves the data connection on full time, as it kills the data timeout
Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I just want to confirm so everyone knows:

This fix does work on the mogul/titan/6800 as well...

Simply:

download cab
unzip cab
end all data connections
run cab
install to device
say ok
tap power button
wait 10 seconds
reboot
fixed!

Many many thanks!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

hemirunner426 is a n00b

Does anyone know how to keep automatic data disconnect while still using this tweak? It does fix my dialer (opal dialer on vouge) but data remains active all the time unless i manually shut it down. Is there another tweak or a program to use for automatic data disconnect?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
Diamond Tweak can mess it up too though. I don't have Advanced Config any more. After correcting the registry and making sure it worked, I went back into Diamond Tweak and selected disconnect after 1min (recommended setting). Performed a soft reset and tested by connecting to the internet and then calling myself. The delay/difficulty in answering was back. I then changed Diamond Tweak to Disable disconnection and did a soft reset. I tested again and it still would not pick up the call when connected to the internet. I had to go back into the registry and correct the entry. Now it answers correctly even when I'm connected to EVDO service.

Now my question is, if I have it check mail say every 4 hours will it disconnect the EVDO service in between the times it polls for new mail? If it does not disconnect, will this have an adverse affect on battery life?

Barb
Barb, I have Diamond tweak installed and I changed the very same entry that you did and I seem to be having the problem answering calls when connected to the internet (the phone rings and rings and even when I click on answer, it won't answer before it goes to voicemail)... what I have gotten lost in is exactly which reg edit you did to change it "back" to normal, and then did you apply the #777 edit? And it works? And your data turns off after the call?
Thanks so much,
Suz
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
Barb, I have Diamond tweak installed and I changed the very same entry that you did and I seem to be having the problem answering calls when connected to the internet (the phone rings and rings and even when I click on answer, it won't answer before it goes to voicemail)... what I have gotten lost in is exactly which reg edit you did to change it "back" to normal, and then did you apply the #777 edit? And it works? And your data turns off after the call?
Thanks so much,
Suz
Fixing the item in Diamond Tweak won't fix the registry. You still have to do the #777 edit, or if you're using Total Commander is should look like this:
23 00 37 00 37 00 37 00
00 00 00 00

Barb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

pdane is a n00b

EVDO Planner 600 to 60 Hack w777 fix.zip.zip
Hi there,

I have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro and I think that this program will help me with a problem that I am having but I wanted to check with more experienced users first.

I have recently added Emoze so that I can get push email. Unfortunately, with this app active I cannot answer phone calls. I think that it is because the data is active and will not turn off in time for the voice call to go through.

I am a complete novice when it comes to these phones and other than installing a cab file, I don't know how to do anything, like check a registry file or whatever it is that this cab file fixes.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Payam
Old 12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

ign 5 is a n00b

OK! so i use the phm editer and it crashes like whoever said it would, i put in juggalo installer, and still same problem...i did see that it changed it to #777/n i think the n just needs to be gone, i understand i need to cahnge it but i am having a hard time finding a program that wont crash when i get in that setting, someone please send me a link! please! help me!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

pdane is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ign 5 View Post
OK! so i use the phm editer and it crashes like whoever said it would, i put in juggalo installer, and still same problem...i did see that it changed it to #777/n i think the n just needs to be gone, i understand i need to cahnge it but i am having a hard time finding a program that wont crash when i get in that setting, someone please send me a link! please! help me!
I have been dealing with this problem for a few weeks. I finally downloaded FdcSoft taskmanager at http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm . Using the regedit I was able to change the settings and it seems to work perfectly!!!

Calls come in and can be answered without a hitch. Even better Emoze works too!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Lurker

linkmeup222 is a n00b

ok.. so i changed the values to #777 and changed the cachetime to 60 but yet the arrows still show up grey for a long long time.. until i actually turn them off.. am i missing something so the connection is disconnected instead of on standby?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

verngator is just getting started

I have a Touch - did the registry edit with Resco and it works great! There were times I could not get the phone to answer if a call came in while I was on the internet...thanks!

Of course I just ordered a Diamond...I'll try the same tweak when I get the Diamond.

Thanks!
Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650-> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond -> Sprint Hero -> Sprint EVO + tech support for spouse's Sprint Epic

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond