PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

daryllh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming Soon: WAD2 Alternate to TF3D... Requests Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
not if you make it all on one page... its multiple pages that really slow it down

does it matter what kind of machine is running it? an HTC 8525 has lesser specs than a Touch Diamond (rough example).
Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

etwarrio is a n00b

Quote:
ok just installed that theme to check it out... seems like some things are a lil small for my fingers and i do not have big fingers AT ALL! Its a great lookin theme, but i don't enjoy having to be precise with my fingers, i like to to things quick and easy...

Let me ask everyone something...

How many fav contacts would be reasonable?4-5-7-10?

How many fav programs? 5-10?

How many, on average, do you guys really use? Keep in mind, the more the smaller.

I've decided on 5 days of weather? Does anyone really need more?
5 for each seems pretty reasonable. 5 contacts, 5 programs, 5 days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

don't forget 5 dollar footlongs.... oh wait...
Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
ok just installed that theme to check it out... seems like some things are a lil small for my fingers and i do not have big fingers AT ALL! Its a great lookin theme, but i don't enjoy having to be precise with my fingers, i like to to things quick and easy...

Let me ask everyone something...

How many fav contacts would be reasonable?4-5-7-10?

How many fav programs? 5-10?

How many, on average, do you guys really use? Keep in mind, the more the smaller.

I've decided on 5 days of weather? Does anyone really need more?
Just thinking back to the Vogue days with TouchFLO, you had 9 contacts which was more than enough. If you can find a creative way to access your voicemail, that would free up a slot.
Out of the 18 apps that I have in my TF3D Programs tab, I probably use 11 on a daily basis. Is there a way you could integrate the Comm Manager functions into the theme?
I'm in Vancouver where we say "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute". I think 5 minutes on the extended forecast would be pushing it!
Hope that helps!
Myke...
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mysha View Post
Just thinking back to the Vogue days with TouchFLO, you had 9 contacts which was more than enough. If you can find a creative way to access your voicemail, that would free up a slot.
Out of the 18 apps that I have in my TF3D Programs tab, I probably use 11 on a daily basis. Is there a way you could integrate the Comm Manager functions into the theme?
I'm in Vancouver where we say "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute". I think 5 minutes on the extended forecast would be pushing it!
Hope that helps!
Myke...
well, i came down to photoshopping from scratch a dock for the contacts and programs and ended up with 8 contacts and 10 programs.

thanks a alot for your input and will def use it.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

UPDATE:
So this is my first time creating alot of my own images and i am having fun with Xara Xtreme 4... but might i add this:

You don't know what you've got til its gone... lol

TF3D is primo! It is SOOO functional with all its tabs, especially the actual message on the messaging tab... unfortunately, nothing like this can be done on WAD2 like this

I will complete my theme hopefully by the end of the weekend, but i'm very sad to say that i don't think its going to be that great because tf3d kinda spoiled me without even knowing it...

I will post some screen shots once i get to a certain point for everyone to give me any feedback..

I'm not copping out on this project, it WILL be completed... i just think i might go back to TF3D in the end lol
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mysha View Post
Hey syanni,
I'm super stoked to see what you come up with. I'm still in the honeymoon period with TF3D, but I don't imagine that my attention span is much longer than yours!
One of the complaints that I see here and at XDA is that you can only see a single appointment and zero tasks from within TF3D, which isn't enough for those of us that rely on our Diamonds to give us any hope of being productive or making it to a meeting on time! I know that I need way more than that, so I use SecondToday with TodayAgenda so I can have easy access to all off my tasks and appointments. It is a bit of a pain, but it does keep me out of the WM tasks and appointments interface, which is a good thing.
It would be rad if you could integrate that functionality directly into your creation so that it's easy to both view and create/edit tasks and appointments.
Hope that helps!
Myke...
Quote:
after messin around alil bit, i can't make a wdget or dock with "multiple" appointments. All it lets me do is current or next on a dock.

But, on the page itself, i can incorporate a today plugin (ie today agenda)... that maybe the only way i can go for multi-appointment viewing on the home screen...

I mean, i can put the plugin on a separate page, but as anyone can tell you from my other themes, i like to use only one page to enable the most fluidity/speed/lag-free-use as possible.

I may toss in ONE seperate page tho, we will see.
Never mind what i said bud, i figured it out and have a 5-appointment setup now
Old 10-17-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work

LOL, so I guess it's time to believe the hype about TF3D?
You did pick a real Goliath to go up against, but I'm still sure that you're going to come up with something rad.
I'm stoked about the 5 appointments, have you come up with a solution for tasks?
Thanks!
Myke...
Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thermodynamic is just getting started

Sorry to ask again, but do you need WAD2 to use themes, or only to make them?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
Sorry to ask again, but do you need WAD2 to use themes, or only to make them?
you need wad2 for the theme i'm making... any theme that specifies wad2 means you'll need wad2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond