PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond is kaput :(

first read and I was like... what happened to power? Luckily bridic caught it too!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mr.squonk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk

I hired some migrant workers to assist me when I need a hard reset...and thank god I have dexterous toes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

lol. I get my Diamond today actually. I'm sad that Gsen isn't working for you guys. I was hoping to try that. I'll try setting it up for only certain programs rather than an exclusions list and maybe that'll work. How did you have it setup? And does anyone have gsen working?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
lol. I get my Diamond today actually. I'm sad that Gsen isn't working for you guys. I was hoping to try that. I'll try setting it up for only certain programs rather than an exclusions list and maybe that'll work. How did you have it setup? And does anyone have gsen working?
As it turns out the constantly frenetic vibrating was a bug from SensorLock that has since been fixed. That said, I can't get gsen to work properly at all. I tried for the longest time but it just flat out didn't work for me. I might also try setting up for certain progs as opposed to exclusions.

Feel free to try it without fear, the vibration bug wasn't from gsen afaik.

Last edited by the7thson; 10-01-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
vol-down+enter+power+reset with stylus
Actually it is Vol-Down+Power+enter holding them for 3 secs. No need for the reset button. That is how I did mine on the Sprint network and it worked fine.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I just got my Sprint Diamond last night and sure enough I installed a bunch of programs and tweaks on it.

Now when the phone starts up, it just keeps vibrating like crazy and the screen and hard buttons are unresponsive for the most part. The ONLY thing that works on the screen is the Quick Menu on the top right. Tapping the screen anywhere else doesn't do anything. The ONLY hardware keys that work are the D-Pad keys, nothing else works. Also, i get an error message on startup that says "gsen cannot connect to G-Sensor".

Here's what I did before my last soft reset:
1. Installed gsen (the sensor app). I don't think this messed with anything though.
2. Changed the screen pressure value on the "Advanced Configuration Tool" program v3.2 down from the default of 42 to 34. This didn't seem to make any difference so I wanted to see how this would change the sensitivity. I set it all the way down to 2. This is what I think broke it.. I'm guessing the low value means more pressure is required to press.

I've tried a hard reset (vol-down + enter + reset with stylus) and it doesn't do anything at all.. I've tried this many times but to no avail

Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do?

Thanks in advance.
The pressure reg key is how I screwed my phone on my first weekend too... Don't touch that.

Clint
Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work

hate to add my name to list but mine keeps restarting from the touch diamond screen as well, takin it to a sprint store today even though im probably gonna send it back for the touch pro soon, got this 8 gb sdhc with no slot lol
Old 10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cpm199 is a n00b
Question Re: Diamond is kaput :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
Ok stupid question time. What is Gsen, what does it do?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm199 View Post
Ok stupid question time. What is Gsen, what does it do?
From the developer's site:
"The program auto-rotate screen on HTC Touch Diamond (O2 Xda Diamond/T-Mobile MDA Compact IV) devices.
You can select which programs need exclude. Or possible to setup for which programs ONLY need rotate screen. Also possible switch screen off if you put device with screen on bottom."

http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?m_util.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond