PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to hard reset sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674)

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:25 PM

Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 425074)
get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device

well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425087)
well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up

so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?

rdcrds 09-20-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425114)
so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?

FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE

puff 09-20-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425261)
FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE

So you finally got it to work. Awesome, i told you that enter button was the key ;-)

fsphiladelphia 09-21-2008 02:32 PM

Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?

puff 09-21-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsphiladelphia (Post 426172)
Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?

Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)

nmhusa 09-21-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 426208)
Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)

How can you clear internal storage then if you are unable to boot into the Diamond after a hard reset. I have that lovely problem and I cannot seem to go into bootloader mode to reflash. Anyone know the Sprint Key/reset sequence to go into bootloader mode ???

OK... found the answer... POWER +VOL DOWN +SOFT RESET to go into bootloader !! YAY !!

darren.wlsn1 09-21-2008 09:32 PM

omg,i need a nap just reading this. lol

EnemyNSA 09-21-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgillard (Post 424842)
Press and hold vol down, enter & power. While holding all 3 buttons press the soft reset button with your stylus. Continue holding all 3 buttons. The screen will go black. Keep holding until the screen goes gray with the hard reset message.

This works. but MAN that takes some trickery to get it to work.

I had to balance the stylus in the reset hole on my chest and then squeeze.. sheesh. No way you'll "accidentally" reset THIS phone.

Korps 09-23-2008 12:27 AM

I have been on many forums, and this one is the only place that speaks english. Thanks guys! Had to hard boot, but at least I was backed up.