PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to hard reset sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674)

coolguy 09-20-2008 09:46 AM

Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen

rdcrds 09-20-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 424871)
Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen

Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

rdcrds 09-20-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 424974)
Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?

marcus_cruz 09-20-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 424984)
the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?

Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus_cruz (Post 424998)
Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.

I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.

How come they make it so hard all i want to do is clear this thing.if i could get it to load p fine but it won't..i tried the way with the phone on and the reset and nothing.I have to be doing something wrong.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

a2k 09-20-2008 12:44 PM

You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a2k (Post 425037)
You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.

If i could afford to do it the phone would be toast...i don't get what im doing wrong to get this security thing.

puff 09-20-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425028)
I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.

Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex
with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button

To iniate hard reset:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CNeufeld
Power + Vol Down + Enter. then reset button They don't mention the Power button in the manual.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 425042)
Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:

To iniate hard reset:

I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this

puff 09-20-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425070)
I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this

get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device