PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to hard reset sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674)

retlem 09-24-2008 12:19 PM

Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks

puff 09-24-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retlem (Post 431175)
This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks

That 6 digit code/password, commonly known as the MSL, is device specific.
So your code wont work on anyone elses Diamond ;-)

marcjen 09-25-2008 07:40 PM

Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.

darren.wlsn1 09-26-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcjen (Post 433619)
Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.

theres also a dropdown is settings clear storage that will wipe internal storage also.

nmjones 09-26-2008 02:47 AM

I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?

CNeufeld 09-26-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmjones (Post 434116)
I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?

Yes, the data on the Internal Storage will survive a hard reset. There's been quite a few threads on that already, and I've tested it personally (don't ask). Think of the Internal Storage as a microSDHC card that you can't remove.

Clint

megadethpantera 10-17-2008 08:06 PM

Does the sprint touch diamond have a reset button? Where is it? I do not see it in the stylus slot? What button is it?

tobeychris 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

Try looking at the manual, or even taking off the back cover.

tobeychris 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

^600th post:)

megadethpantera 10-17-2008 08:17 PM

Thanks. Its on the backside after removing the cover. :)