PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to hard reset sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674)

eduardmc 09-17-2008 09:23 PM

how to hard reset sprint diamond

i have to hard reset it, please help

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 09:31 PM

Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Power + Vol Down + Enter. They don't mention the Power button in the manual.

Clint

O'Neil Mitchell 09-17-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNeufeld (Post 421044)
Power + Vol Down + Enter. They don't mention the Power button in the manual.

Clint

HTC really F**CKED that one up, you need three hands to do this well :angry7:

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 421070)

And they still insist that the Power button isn't required. But I (and several others) have threads on xda-developers and howardforums on this. It just seems impossible without it. And I've never had it fail to reset with using it.

And just as an FYI for others, the Internal Storage is NOT cleared by doing a hard reset.

Clint

eduardmc 09-17-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 421070)

well is easy i figure it out. this is the easiest hard reset "program/setting/system/ clear storage, enter 1234 and it will hard reset your system.

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduardmc (Post 421126)
well is easy i figure it out. this is the easiest hard reset "program/setting/system/ clear storage, enter 1234 and it will hard reset your system.

That works fine if you can get into your Diamond... :) Not always an option, depending on what you've done to it. Not that I know from personal experience, though...

Clint

coolguy 09-20-2008 09:05 AM

It says in Manual: Hold down VOL DOWN key + ENTER KEY , then press POWER key once (still hold VOL DOWN & ENTER KEY).. Then you will see HARD RESET message.

I still can't get this to work ??

tmz 09-20-2008 09:10 AM

Did you know that the (ENTER KEY) is the center of D pad ?

I did not and that worked for me. Hope That Helpe

Thanks T M Z

jgillard 09-20-2008 09:12 AM

Press and hold vol down, enter & power. While holding all 3 buttons press the soft reset button with your stylus. Continue holding all 3 buttons. The screen will go black. Keep holding until the screen goes gray with the hard reset message.

nxtech3 09-20-2008 09:26 AM

I believe the manuals instructions are for when the device is off. Vol Down and enter key, then while still holding those two keys press the power button.

coolguy 09-20-2008 09:46 AM

Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen

rdcrds 09-20-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 424871)
Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen

Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

rdcrds 09-20-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 424974)
Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?

marcus_cruz 09-20-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 424984)
the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?

Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus_cruz (Post 424998)
Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.

I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.

How come they make it so hard all i want to do is clear this thing.if i could get it to load p fine but it won't..i tried the way with the phone on and the reset and nothing.I have to be doing something wrong.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr](*,)

a2k 09-20-2008 12:44 PM

You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a2k (Post 425037)
You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.

If i could afford to do it the phone would be toast...i don't get what im doing wrong to get this security thing.

puff 09-20-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425028)
I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.

Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex
with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button

To iniate hard reset:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CNeufeld
Power + Vol Down + Enter. then reset button They don't mention the Power button in the manual.

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 425042)
Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:

To iniate hard reset:

I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this

puff 09-20-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425070)
I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this

get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 425074)
get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device

well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up

rdcrds 09-20-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425087)
well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up

so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?

rdcrds 09-20-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425114)
so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?

FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE

puff 09-20-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 425261)
FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE

So you finally got it to work. Awesome, i told you that enter button was the key ;-)

fsphiladelphia 09-21-2008 02:32 PM

Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?

puff 09-21-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsphiladelphia (Post 426172)
Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?

Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)

nmhusa 09-21-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 426208)
Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)

How can you clear internal storage then if you are unable to boot into the Diamond after a hard reset. I have that lovely problem and I cannot seem to go into bootloader mode to reflash. Anyone know the Sprint Key/reset sequence to go into bootloader mode ???

OK... found the answer... POWER +VOL DOWN +SOFT RESET to go into bootloader !! YAY !!

darren.wlsn1 09-21-2008 09:32 PM

omg,i need a nap just reading this. lol

EnemyNSA 09-21-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgillard (Post 424842)
Press and hold vol down, enter & power. While holding all 3 buttons press the soft reset button with your stylus. Continue holding all 3 buttons. The screen will go black. Keep holding until the screen goes gray with the hard reset message.

This works. but MAN that takes some trickery to get it to work.

I had to balance the stylus in the reset hole on my chest and then squeeze.. sheesh. No way you'll "accidentally" reset THIS phone.

Korps 09-23-2008 12:27 AM

I have been on many forums, and this one is the only place that speaks english. Thanks guys! Had to hard boot, but at least I was backed up.

retlem 09-24-2008 12:19 PM

This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks

puff 09-24-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retlem (Post 431175)
This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks

That 6 digit code/password, commonly known as the MSL, is device specific.
So your code wont work on anyone elses Diamond ;-)

marcjen 09-25-2008 07:40 PM

Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.

darren.wlsn1 09-26-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcjen (Post 433619)
Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.

theres also a dropdown is settings clear storage that will wipe internal storage also.

nmjones 09-26-2008 02:47 AM

I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?

CNeufeld 09-26-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmjones (Post 434116)
I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?

Yes, the data on the Internal Storage will survive a hard reset. There's been quite a few threads on that already, and I've tested it personally (don't ask). Think of the Internal Storage as a microSDHC card that you can't remove.

Clint

megadethpantera 10-17-2008 08:06 PM

Does the sprint touch diamond have a reset button? Where is it? I do not see it in the stylus slot? What button is it?

tobeychris 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

Try looking at the manual, or even taking off the back cover.

tobeychris 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

^600th post:)

megadethpantera 10-17-2008 08:17 PM

Thanks. Its on the backside after removing the cover. :)