PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond Thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
I wore my Diamond out already....it's charging. Which, btw...I freaking hate the charger. I don't like that they made it a USB adapter, so that you have to use the same cord. It's TOO SHORT! Boo!
Your right. I have not looked at it till now. It does suck.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

iamjasonc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Your right. I have not looked at it till now. It does suck.
You think it would be okay to use the Touch charger?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

BTW! Wasn't this suppose to have a FM radio? I cant find nothing about that.!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
BTW! Wasn't this suppose to have a FM radio? I cant find nothing about that.!
Not on the CDMA version....
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

elwuero is a n00b

Quote:
I will try it in a bit. I need to set up contacts and email. Another thing I am surprised and a bit bummed out is. I thought the bottom part of the Diamond was going to be CAPACITIVE like the iphone. Insted it actually pushes down like a button. But I did notice that barely, i mean really barely touch the center button activates the auto focus. Its like its almost capacitive. Anyone know? Does it actually detect current from the human body?
I had a GSM version of Diamond for a few weeks. I saw a demo when I got it put on by HTC and they said that the auto focus does start as your finger approaches the center button. Also the bottom part of the phone can be tweaked to allow for capacitive touch (if that is what its called) according to what I have read over at xda developers. There was a big debate over this and I believe the end decision was that it is not set up for that but is capable of it.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
You think it would be okay to use the Touch charger?
Absolutely. Thats what I am using at the moment. Same voltage. I am keeping the whole box and accessories pristine since I might return it for the Pro.

Quote:
Not on the CDMA version....
Ohh I see....... too bad. Oh well.. its not that important for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwuero View Post
I had a GSM version of Diamond for a few weeks. I saw a demo when I got it put on by HTC and they said that the auto focus does start as your finger approaches the center button. Also the bottom part of the phone can be tweaked to allow for capacitive touch (if that is what its called) according to what I have read over at xda developers. There was a big debate over this and I believe the end decision was that it is not set up for that but is capable of it.
I see... just so you all understand.

Capacitive touch panel detects body current.

Resistive touch panels ( Current Diamond Sprint screen) goes by pressure. Thats why the iphone is super sensitive. Its a capacitve panel. And us Diamond, Mogul, Touch users have to really press slightly to get a response. But negetive sides of Capacitive panles is that you cannot waer gloves to use it. You need you human skin to make it work. Bad news for glove drivers. Aflso.. Styluses dont work on Capacitive since there is not current on them. Theres pros and cons on both. I honestly would rather have Resistive ( what we currently have). But I am a bit confused on what this Sprint Diamond has on the center button. It almost acts as a CAPACITIVE button.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I remember a thread on here....a couple of weeks ago, that stated that the top part of the diamond is resistive, and the bottom is capacitative as well as having the obvious buttons underneath it...oh well
Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
I remember a thread on here....a couple of weeks ago, that stated that the top part of the diamond is resistive, and the bottom is capacitative as well as having the obvious buttons underneath it...oh well
Yes, I aswell remember on another site of that being mentioned. MAybe we got best of both worlds! Hey... one thing that I miss is a LED light. Theres none........ wait!!!!! I just found one.. the center button blinks in a circle is I miss a call! Very nice!

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-17-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond

jwfos22 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to jwfos22

Exil3d. There was a story about the bottom of the Diamond @ www.wmpowerusers.comYou might have to look in the archives. Hope this helps

Last edited by jwfos22; 09-17-2008 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Quote:
Capacitive touch panel detects body current.

Resistive touch panels ( Current Diamond Sprint screen) goes by pressure. Thats why the iphone is super sensitive. Its a capacitve panel. And us Diamond, Mogul, Touch users have to really press slightly to get a response. But negetive sides of Capacitive panles is that you cannot waer gloves to use it. You need you human skin to make it work. Bad news for glove drivers. Aflso.. Styluses dont work on Capacitive since there is not current on them. Theres pros and cons on both. I honestly would rather have Resistive ( what we currently have). But I am a bit confused on what this Sprint Diamond has on the center button. It almost acts as a CAPACITIVE button.
Very good way of saying that. I wanted to add that I personally find Capacitive touchpads a huge ginormous pain in the @ss because my hands don't get read properly. Perhaps my hands are too dry.. dunno... don't care. I shouldn't have to hunt for a bottle of lotion before using my computer. Perhaps some guys have that lotion right by their computer all the time and it is handy for them... *smirk*.... lol

Seriously though, every touchpad device I've ever had to use for an extended period of time was crap. (It probably also has to do with the fact that I'm in the desert and it is fairly dry here already.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond