PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch hd
Carrier: optus

dasferg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remove those ugly half transparent TF3D bars :)

Thank you very much eenieMini. It worked liked a charm. The screen looks much nicer and less cluttered. I will keep plodding on to teach myself .

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Great! The easiest thing to do now is find the cfc gui editor by chainfire.. the latest one even pulls the manila from your phone, so you can view, then change the graphic and reimport right back to your phone all via usb connection. This makes the overwrite, need for cab obsolete! The only rule to follow is to only use compression factor IF you manila can be patched (Sprint manila stock won't patch ) and always keep your graphic dimensions the same as the original.. .like this particular one was 256x64 even though I made it blank/empty/transparent, I had to keep it 256x64, if I had changed the size you would have had a white box instead!

Here is a link to that particular program: (wow, when I was looking up the link for you I see he's even updated the last version! I'm hoping this will let my sprint phone compress the graphics!)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798

BrennB
Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Lurker

dasferg is a n00b

Thanks again. My first goal is to change the icons used in the task bar. I have seen many replacement bars, but none with all the icons I like. There are plenty of icons out there, just a matter of picking what I want. One question before I stuff things up. What back up program do you use?

Regards.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use SBP backup. I can do a full backup/restore or individual and if I install via the exe/pc then I can also use my laptop to extract any particular file from any of the backups I've made... so I can do what I want with that too. Also, since my diamond has a built in storage card that I can't remove and backup I also include that in my backups every so often.. that way when I REALLY want to recover I can recover completely with no holes...
Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker

dasferg is a n00b

Thanks again. Good advice is always appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

very nice edit from post 1!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch,Mogul,DiAMOND,Hero,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

davedamit is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpetek View Post
Can anyone tell me how to change the content on the top bar. I know how to make it transparent or collor it differently, but for the life of me I can't get rid of the stupid alltel graphic!!
Here's a spiffy tweak I've been using since my mogul. Works on every rom I've used on my DiAMOND too!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1241437345
Old 06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Still a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedamit View Post
Here's a spiffy tweak I've been using since my mogul. Works on every rom I've used on my DiAMOND too!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1241437345

IF you're on Sprint and using regular sprint picturemail do not use this tweak. You will not be able to recieve pictures down to your phone, they will hang on the website. It's a known issue. I'm not sure if its affected when using Arcsoft versions instead. I am sure that it doesn't affect other carriers (so far as reported).

An alternate to using this program is to edit your 1c684xx manila file using mode9 editor and change the carrier network text or blank it out all together. I've finally learned how to do this so if any one wants something specific they can attach the appropriate manila file and I'll edit for them or they can venture in themselves. I'll post screen shots of what to change later tonight.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond