PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

817marine is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does call recording work?

I Just Tried On The Sprint Diamond And I Recorded A Ph Call And You Can Hear Both Callers Very Clearly. Which Is Great Since The Touch Doesnt Have That.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rrusek is a n00b
Talking Re: Does call recording work?

Can the people that can record both side of the conversation clearly specify how they are doing it?

Can you specify what software you are using, how you are starting the recording and which ROM you are using?

This is very important to me since I have gone over to WM from PALM I have lost this functionality. I mostly use it when I am driving and need to take note. That way do do not need pen and paper when you are driving.

I am using the SPRINT Diamond with GF/TC 105 ROM. When I try to use the notes record feature I get my voice come across very loud and I get the other party very, very faint which you cannot hear. I guess the microphone is picking up the speaker through the phone caseing.

If somene could tell me how they are able to record both sides of the conversation clearly I would totally appreciate it!

Thank you
Old 10-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Seifer is a n00b

i also would like to learn a way to record both sides in touch diamond.

i have tested softwares named; Resco Audio Rec, Vito AudioNotes, PMRecorder. But they seemed all same to me, they record only through talking microphone.

I've read in some places that this is a hardware limitation, but basically sound can go to bluetooth devices so i guess it can't be a hardware limitation but a software.
Hope someone can find what trick microsoft used for us not to record our calls.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul 6800, HTC Diamond

laynpipeallday is a n00b

Its all rubbish! It seems like everyone that can record both sides of a conversation will not tell how they did it!! Why is that? I have used the notes deal while on a call and can absolutley for the life of me not make it work...
Old 11-08-2008, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you want to record BOTH sides at a decent volume level, then you must have the speakerphone on. If not, it will only record the other party in a very low volume. Hope this helps.

I don't think it really matters what program you use, they all (as far as i know) only record with the speakerphone on.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

Last edited by slypher; 11-09-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

setabs is a n00b

I posted this in another thread.
Quote:
Check with you state laws first. I know someone that lost their job for recording phone calls on his land line in his house. The feds got involved and he was let go. Definately say to the csr that you are also recording the conversation. Have them clearly pronounce their name what call center they are from and maybe an employee id of some sort. i would test the sound quality with a friend before hand though.

Try this program it looks promising. http://1800message.com/products.aspx
Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All you have to do is verify if you live in a "single or both party consent" state. I live in MD, it is a "2 party consent" state. meaning both parties must be aware that the call is being recorded. Other wise it is illegal TO RECORD THE CALL. However according to the patriot act, the feds can be on your phone line for whatever they damn well please.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Khafree is a n00b

I tried a few one and the best is Live PVR. It record BOTH ends of the conversiation and you can choose the recording quality. You can set it to record every call automaticaly or just set it manually.

http://www.softtrends.com/products/l...ivepvrwmsp.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khafree View Post
I tried a few one and the best is Live PVR. It record BOTH ends of the conversiation and you can choose the recording quality. You can set it to record every call automaticaly or just set it manually.

http://www.softtrends.com/products/l...ivepvrwmsp.htm
Does this record both without using the speakerphone?

-s
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Looks like HTC finally came through on recording both sides of the call without using the speakerphone...

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2341

I for one am VERY excited about this!!

EDIT: According to the XDA discussion linked below, this is not working that well for CDMA Touch Pros or Diamonds The good news is that it is a start and it appears that they are making progress.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=457808

-s

Last edited by slypher; 01-13-2009 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond