PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Imageshack appears to be down...

what is Imageshack?

I followed your instruction and load successfully to the phone but now when I use google map, it kept saying seeking satellite.

any idea?

thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The OP shows instruction to use Service Programming to read the settings from the phone, and then write back to the phone without changes. What does this step accomplish?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

There's a nice little picture in there that shows all the steps. A lot is accomplished, say... configuring your GPS!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
There's a nice little picture in there that shows all the steps. A lot is accomplished, say... configuring your GPS!
Sorry I wasn't clear with my question. By the time I read the settings from the phone, all the boxes were already checked. I didn't have to do anything.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

And the IP and port?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

can you explain what is the purpose of writing IP and port number to the phone? how does this process enable GPS?

if I have a stock sprint phone, and I want to use and install google map (instead of sprint nav), would it work without IP/Port writing process?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
And the IP and port?
You're correct they were different. I falsely ASSumed that they are unique to the device. I went back and changed the port and IP to match the picture.

Another question: Google Maps acquires quickly. I did notice that when data connection is off (no arrows on the signal strength display), and I launch GMaps, while it trys to acquire, it DOES NOT initiate data connection like my Touch did. Is this normal? I thought AGPS uses cellular?

Thanks again.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

Just because it doesn't pop up and say it's not using data, doesn't mean it's not. You're using google maps, it HAS to be using data... where else do all those maps come from? AGPS uses a combination of data downloaded through the cell and real GPS.

foxnews. Maybe, maybe not. The port and IP are a server that contains data about the GPS satellites. It helps you pick up a signal very quickly (under 5 seconds).
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can someone please provide me the Stock Sprint Diamond GPSOne settings.

TIA,
James
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

slowputer is a n00b

Quote:
GPS Registry Settings

There are certain registry settings that are necessary for the Assisted GPS to work.

I've compiled a CAB of these registry settings, HERE.
CHECK

Quote:
gpsOne Settings
Quote:

1. Connect your Diamond to your computer with the usb cable. This is also an excellent time to back up anything, just in case.

2. We need to put the phone in diagnostic mode. This is done by running dmrouter.exe by dialing ##DIAG Send (##3424 Send), or ##DIAG# for Sprint.

3. Let windows install your new hardware. There will be two dialogs that come up. The first one should install after you click next. The next will require a file called qcmdmxp.sys and says it can't be found. As luck has it, your computer already has this file, and it's located here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\.
Simply tell the wizard to look there, and it will show the file, click on it, and the installation will finish.

If you have Vista, try the drivers HERE
and here is where my problem starts. Vista installs 2 things, the first (some sort of USB thing) goes smooth, but the second (generic serial) looks for a driver (I have created a folder and expanded the .rar for the Vist drivers) in the location I have designated, it says no drivers available.

WHat am I doing wrong here?
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond