N00b

slowputer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
GPS Registry Settings

There are certain registry settings that are necessary for the Assisted GPS to work.

I've compiled a CAB of these registry settings, HERE.
CHECK

Quote:
gpsOne Settings
Quote:

1. Connect your Diamond to your computer with the usb cable. This is also an excellent time to back up anything, just in case.

2. We need to put the phone in diagnostic mode. This is done by running dmrouter.exe by dialing ##DIAG Send (##3424 Send), or ##DIAG# for Sprint.

3. Let windows install your new hardware. There will be two dialogs that come up. The first one should install after you click next. The next will require a file called qcmdmxp.sys and says it can't be found. As luck has it, your computer already has this file, and it's located here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\.
Simply tell the wizard to look there, and it will show the file, click on it, and the installation will finish.

If you have Vista, try the drivers HERE
and here is where my problem starts. Vista installs 2 things, the first (some sort of USB thing) goes smooth, but the second (generic serial) looks for a driver (I have created a folder and expanded the .rar for the Vist drivers) in the location I have designated, it says no drivers available.

WHat am I doing wrong here?
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G