PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: Sprint

airibis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to airibis
Re: How to buy the Diamond

Funny

I received a call from sprint quite a few times with them telling me "You are eligible for 75$ off the price of a new phone"

started happening about a year ago, however my bill is only 23$ a month

(30$ sero, minus 10$ a month (cause they accidentally changed my phone number a week after signing up, i *****ed cause i just placed an order for business cards before they did this)

so even though I pay $23, they said I am eligible... If i wasn't actually eligible (this whole 34$ crap) then WHY THE F*** would they call me (many different times) to say that I was and asked me if i wanted to buy a new phone, or maybe open a new line???

wtf?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b

Weird. Perhaps they are cutting a potential full upgrade down to $75 at a 2year extension on an expired contract because you are on an unqualified plan (under $39.99)? I don't really like to even mess with customers that are like that because I only get like $2-4 which won't even pay for my lunch lol
Old 08-28-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work

don't look a gift horse in the mouth, dude
Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by airibis View Post
Funny

I received a call from sprint quite a few times with them telling me "You are eligible for 75$ off the price of a new phone"

started happening about a year ago, however my bill is only 23$ a month

(30$ sero, minus 10$ a month (cause they accidentally changed my phone number a week after signing up, i *****ed cause i just placed an order for business cards before they did this)

so even though I pay $23, they said I am eligible... If i wasn't actually eligible (this whole 34$ crap) then WHY THE F*** would they call me (many different times) to say that I was and asked me if i wanted to buy a new phone, or maybe open a new line???

wtf?

WTF! They told be I can get the 75 credit.. then on the next email when I asked them of the release date they said "no".. I need a 34.99 plan to get the 75 dolars. WTF....WTF!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

could you add a line, to get the discount on the phone so its not 550$. then take the diamond(on the line you added to your account), and say your touch ( the line you will be keeping) switch the number over in a few days. and cancel the new line you added?
so that you have the new phone on your original number, and your old phone ( not diamond) on the new line you added, and eventually will cancel.

would this work?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

i know that with Sprint ending their PCS Email, if you have a phone that is not able to get the new email program you are able to get another discount for a new phone
Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
i know that with Sprint ending their PCS Email, if you have a phone that is not able to get the new email program you are able to get another discount for a new phone
Wait.. so if you have a Vouge or a Mogul, you can request a credit? How would I go about asking for it? Should I say... "I am disseminated that picturew mail is not a option on my Vouge so can I get a credit because this phone was suppose to have PCS email?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b

That would be nice lol but Sprint is trying to put a plug on revenue holes.

@Brock, no that is the oldest trick in the consumers book and they slap you with a restock fee equal to the cost of whichever phone you stole.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows
Carrier: SPRINT

blackwater888 is a n00b

Mabe if you just tell the the truth they just might cut you a deal YOUR THE CUSTOMER BABY!!! YOU ARE ALLWAYS RIGHT!
just do waht i do, the them your not happy with the service and your going to quit on the spot and you need to talk to the department that will make your wish come true, i did this and they gave me a new PHONE TWICE YES!!!!!
Try it
Old 09-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
could you add a line, to get the discount on the phone so its not 550$. then take the diamond(on the line you added to your account), and say your touch ( the line you will be keeping) switch the number over in a few days. and cancel the new line you added?
so that you have the new phone on your original number, and your old phone ( not diamond) on the new line you added, and eventually will cancel.

would this work?
Actually that would not work since you have to keep your new line for 30 days before you can switch the numbers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond