PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should there be a CDMA only rule/area labeled here?
Yes, would avoid a lot of confussion 53 46.90%
No, newbies should not even try if they do not know the differnce 19 16.81%
Yes, our site is to teach people how toget the most out of their phones/PDA's 38 33.63%
No, it takes too much time to catagorize 14 12.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

klf965 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond Stuck load screen, can't hard reset not working

This is for everyone else that may spend as many hours as I did trying to fix my HTC Diamond with Sprint service.

I have concluded that I must have flashed a GSM Rom, as I learned ppcgeeks is 99% CDMA, while XDA-developers is 85% GSM.

Diamond kept stalling in reboot then resetting on its own. Could not get past black screen with HTC Diamond writing. Tried hard reset, power+vol down+circle (enter key) hold all then push stylus in soft reset. Didn't work. Now here is your golden ticket that took me multiple hours of searching to find ~ Simply not pushing enter (circle button) hard enough to get to load back into boot screen. Pushed all buttons really hard - badabing - boot screen. Loaded juicy rom, working great.
Cheers!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: HTC Diamond Stuck load screen, can't hard reset not working

What would help even more than this is if users would simply fill out their:

Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

Information in their profile. That way....folks that like to help you can help you! Guess what the first couple of questions are?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klf965 View Post
This is for everyone else that may spend as many hours as I did trying to fix my HTC Diamond with Sprint service.

I have concluded that I must have flashed a GSM Rom, as I learned ppcgeeks is 99% CDMA, while XDA-developers is 85% GSM.

Diamond kept stalling in reboot then resetting on its own. Could not get past black screen with HTC Diamond writing. Tried hard reset, power+vol down+circle (enter key) hold all then push stylus in soft reset. Didn't work. Now here is your golden ticket that took me multiple hours of searching to find ~ Simply not pushing enter (circle button) hard enough to get to load back into boot screen. Pushed all buttons really hard - badabing - boot screen. Loaded juicy rom, working great.
Cheers!

When posting there is another small selection window to the left of the Subject/title area in which you can select to flag your message CDMA, GSM and Carriers as well as other options.. I think you used that option in your message..

-CC
Old 09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

i dont think we need to make this site cdma only if gsm users wanna post here so be it.

its up to the user to read and use there brain to figure out what they have and what they need before flashing a rom.

not ppcgeeks problem.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For the most part people posting ROM's will say which carrier it is for. There are occassions where you won't see it, but it doesn't take long to find out what carrier it is for if you look at some of the poster's profiles.

I do agree that people putting ROMs up should put the carriers the ROM is for in bold and large font at the top of the 1st post.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i think splitting up the upgrades sections into cdma and gsm would help...along with a list of carriers in a sub title incase a noob doesnt know if he's cdma or gsm(you would be surprised)

Old 09-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't think the upgrades section necessarily needs split up. Whoever puts a ROM up could/should just format something like simple this:

Sprint: link to ROM
Telus: link to ROM
Alltel: link to ROM
Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Lurker

this one is perfect
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37648
Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

hasnt ppc geeks always been cdma?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
its up to the user to read and use there brain to figure out what they have and what they need before flashing a rom.
Blasphemy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond