PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Selling my Diamond, how to prepare for sale?

Hey guys, I'm about to finally sell my Diamond. It's been a great phone, but I already have too many to keep up with.

So my question is this... obviously i will hard reset and reflash to a stock rom... but what else do i need to do to erase any private data? For example, my phone number is still programmed into the phone, so i'd want to get rid of that. I also want to make sure that the phone will activate ok on the buyers side once they get it, so any attempts at erasing info need to work for both parties. any help would be great...

edit: if there's anything other data that i need to worry about that a hard reset doesn't take care of, please let me know that too. thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Re: Selling my Diamond, how to prepare for sale?

Just make sure to clear your internal storage with Clear Storage option hard reset, then flash stock, and you should be good to go. You can also hard reset again after the stock flash, but it's not necessary. I would not worry a whole lot about your phone number. Especially if you have already activated your new phone with the same number. If not, and you have canceled your account or something. I guess you could use your phone specific MSL (SPS) code, and go into your phone settings and change the number and email address. Although, I doubt anyone that purchases it, would waste time messing with your number or anything. Most people would just activate your clean ESN phone with their number online or by land-line, and your info would all be gone once they updated the Diamond's profile via the OTA carrier update.

If you are real worried about someone getting your phone number, and as long as you have your MSL, you can use ##RTN# to completely clear your phone number and other information stored on the actually phone side of your Diamond's system. Please note that the buyer will need have the MSL, or a one time MSL from the carrier, though, in order to re-program the phone, regardless of clearing the phone side or not.

Best to all,
R
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

thanks for the reply!
im just trying to be cautious. plus you never know how sales go online. if for some reason the customer ends up upset, they may give out my number and create major headaches....

Last edited by lipidfats; 02-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

I just bought a diamond and it was a little weird getting a phone that still had the prior owners phone number on it.

When I activated it, it obviously switched to my phone number but I think I'd stop into a sprint store to see if they could deactivate it for you... I wouldn't think they'd charge anything for that.

Also make sure you delete everything off the 4GB internal storage if you haven't already. Hard reset doesn't clear that.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
thanks for the reply!
im just trying to be cautious. plus you never know how sales go online. if for some reason the customer ends up upset, they may give out my number and create major headaches....

You're welcome!

D'oh, I forgot to mention that once you've flash back to stock and have wiped everything, you should consider re-locking the Diamond. And again, the ##RTN# should reset the phone side.

In regard to your number being seen or used by the buyer, I understand your concerns. Nonetheless, I have purchased a decent number of already activated cdma phones online over years for myself, family, friends, and business associates. Each one has had the number of the last owner still visible, and some even arrived with working numbers and all the user software and personal information intact. Anyway, until you posted your concern, it never came to mind to give out the number or any information in order to spite the seller if unhappy with the merchandise. If I have a problem with any purchase, I do my best not to take it personally, and try to work out the issue with the seller. If that does not yield results, my credit card company has always reimbursed the loss. Moreover, malice is not worth the negative energy or time involved, at least from my perspective.

Best of luck with your Diamond sale.
R

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond