View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Selling my Diamond, how to prepare for sale?

Just make sure to clear your internal storage with Clear Storage option hard reset, then flash stock, and you should be good to go. You can also hard reset again after the stock flash, but it's not necessary. I would not worry a whole lot about your phone number. Especially if you have already activated your new phone with the same number. If not, and you have canceled your account or something. I guess you could use your phone specific MSL (SPS) code, and go into your phone settings and change the number and email address. Although, I doubt anyone that purchases it, would waste time messing with your number or anything. Most people would just activate your clean ESN phone with their number online or by land-line, and your info would all be gone once they updated the Diamond's profile via the OTA carrier update.

If you are real worried about someone getting your phone number, and as long as you have your MSL, you can use ##RTN# to completely clear your phone number and other information stored on the actually phone side of your Diamond's system. Please note that the buyer will need have the MSL, or a one time MSL from the carrier, though, in order to re-program the phone, regardless of clearing the phone side or not.

Best to all,
R
This post has been thanked 2 times.