PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: HTC

ali_gogoleh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation serious problem

hi . around one week age i downloaded a new ROM for my HTC touch diamond and i inistalled it on my phone but now it can not statr up and it stuck at the point where is writen TOUCH DIAMOND ...
i need a help becouse my phone is off for 4 days
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: serious problem

Have you done a hard reset? If you have done one, and it still does not boot, you will need to reflash.

Because you cannot put the phone into ActiveSync mode, you will need to trigger it to the BootLoader screen. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button while powering the phone on. It should bring you to the rainbow screen.

Be sure you see CMONEX in the text on the bootloader screen to make sure it is unlocked. Assuming it is, go ahead and plug it into your PC. The display at the bottom of the screen should recognize it is plugged into your PC and change the word "Serial" to "USB"

From there, flash away!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: HTC
Threadstarter

ali_gogoleh is a n00b

i really appreciate for your answer but i dont have enough knowledge about it.
can you please describe more and guide me ...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Canada (Fo

grashoper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_gogoleh View Post
i really appreciate for your answer but i dont have enough knowledge about it.
can you please describe more and guide me ...

Not trying to be ignorant, but that was pretty plain English.! Lets see if i i can help by adding one or two words to his reply to help you understand just a bit better.

TRY FLASHING YOUR PHONE AGAIN. BUT... instead of flashing like you normally would, follow these instructions!

"With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button while powering the phone on. It should bring you to the rainbow screen."

"Be sure you see THE WORD CMONEX somewhere in the text on the (rainbow screen) bootloader screen to make sure it is unlocked. Assuming it is, go ahead and plug it into your PC. The display at the bottom of the screen (rainbow screen) should recognize it is plugged into your PC and change the word "Serial" to "USB"

If everything checks out okay to this point, use windows explorer on your PC, navigate to where the ROM is located, and run the ROMupdatutility. (custome_RUU.exe)

Hope this helps a bit. if not, there are several posts that address this issue in further detail thru out the board.
let us all know how you made out.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_gogoleh View Post
hi . around one week age i downloaded a new ROM for my HTC touch diamond and i inistalled it on my phone but now it can not statr up and it stuck at the point where is writen TOUCH DIAMOND ...
i need a help becouse my phone is off for 4 days
First off, who is your cell phone service provider...I don't think it's HTC. You need to make sure you are flashing the correct ROM (CDMA vs GSM) for your device. Once you have that figured out, do like the others said and put it in bootloader and flash another ROM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Canada (Fo

grashoper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
First off, who is your cell phone service provider...I don't think it's HTC. You need to make sure you are flashing the correct ROM (CDMA vs GSM) for your device. Once you have that figured out, do like the others said and put it in bootloader and flash another ROM.

Good point!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it sounds like a bad rom.

i'll guess it goes to the boot screen where it says touch diamond. no red lettering shows at the bottom. will reboot after a minute and do the same thing, touch diamond with no red lettering at the bottom.

this is the effects of a gsm rom on a cdma phone. reflash the phone with a cdma rom and you should be good to go. don't worry about the phone not starting up, plug a usb cable into it and go into bootloader (power + volume down) and though the computer may not see it, once you start the ruu it will flash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond