PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Arrive headphone volume problem confirmed

I had previously complained about the volume using the Arrive headphones to watch a movie and figured it was just a poor audio rip of the movie. Honestly, I could barely hear the dialog and only if I rammed the earpieces into my ear to keep background noise at my gym out! Even then, it was just a whisper, although without the headphones, in my office, the dialog was completely audible.

Well I tried watching the exact same movie file with my Epic and I could clearly hear the dialog. Seems I received an Arrive with a defective headphone jack?

Did anyone else have this problem with their Arrive headphones and the low volume? I have seen posts on Microsoft's help site about podcasts being near inaudible.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Why do you care, you have an epic now plus you try to clown WP7 every chance you get...are you going to try to help or just start some bullshit?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Arrive headphone volume problem confirmed

Let's not go there so fast, he said he checked MS's site and there are complaints there as well. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

What format is the movie? mov? I havent transferred a movie over to the device yet but I can put one on tonight and see how it sounds.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

...that same thing happened with the HD7, a software patch fixed it. As far as the op, he had the Arrive for 5 minutes, bitched because of Zune sync, then started the epic's nutsack...what is the point of him starting this other than to talk shit? Now, I gave a solution to the op's problem, let's see if he helps someone....

Last edited by Dr.8820; 04-20-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

I use the epic's headphones cause it the earbud style and that's the type I prefer. I haven't even opened up the arrives headphone package.

I have no audio issues with my arrive at all. Watching movies, listening to music etc. I'm happily using bluetooth, headphones with no issues whatsoever.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

It was a divx encoded movie file in .avi format. The movie, "All Star Superman", I thought was ripped at poor volume quality but I know it was ripped in 5.1 surround. Could the 5.1 surround (instead of basic stereo) be the issue? I also had two Smallville episodes copied from my DVR that had super low volume.

I was able to watch other episodes as well as different shows without the issue, although the volume was turned all the way up to 30.

I can upload the All Star Superman movie and have you guys check it but I don't want to get into trouble for file sharing or some crap that might be against the rules.

My intent is not to upset the fanboys, yes I switched to the Epic due to other problems, but if there is a patch or fix, or if I (and other Arrive owners) received a defective Arrive, then there is power in knowledge and complaints to Sprint (or HTC) can be issued and the problem can be corrected. I did not come to sh*t on the Windows iPhone OS, it seems to be a hardware issue, not software....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Considering other videos play perfectly and you encoded this one in DD5.1 then I would say the decoding is the issue. WP7 probably doesnt support the codec if I had to guess.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Account Disabled

...fanboys lol... Op is screaming in every thread how much better the epic is than the Arrive...and we're the fanboys lol...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I know if the video SRS enhancement is enabled the volume can be a little bit quiter in the dialog during movies but the actual sound effects were louder,this was in Netflix. this is because the SRS is taking the stereo signal and converting it to a 5.1 digital surround sound signal. this same muted dialog problem is even experienced on DVDs. however when listening to music the audio is louder than my tp2 ever was so I doubt its a HW issue.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

meh, wont be much of an issue for me.
OP, try a pair of IEM's instead; they isolate way better than buds so you wont have to compenste by blasting your ear with more noise. So far, 1-2 clicks on my TP2 is the listening level I'm used to.

PS: I tried the arrive at a store with one of my higher impedence IEM's(64ohm); it was plenty loud @ ~20 clicks on the dial. The phone has a pretty darn good DAC btw. Way less fizz than my TP2

Last edited by Aleki; 04-20-2011 at 05:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
arrive, epic, headphones, media, volume