PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

People, The Mango Wi-Fi tethering(you need mango for this) is based off of hardware chipset with a combo of software.

[LIST] Devices that CAN, CAN'T or HAVE WiFi hotspot support - xda-developers

The HTC Trophy and the 7 Pro (Arrive) does have the correct chipset (BRCM 4329) that will support Wi-FI tethering. (I only care about the Trophy really...sorry but, I like to help)

The problem now is software on HTC devices (Samsungs included the software driver) that did not come on upgraded devices. It's the SoftAP drivers and registry edits that claim will solve the problem.

I would watch this thread (as I have been and have a buch of posts in it), it's manly about getting "Mango" wi-fi tethering working but, there is HTC people in there trying to see if they can get it working.

Mango Internet Sharing/Tethering - Omnia 7/Focus Tutorial Added to OP - xda-developers

It's a interesting read, if you really wanted to have an idea on what is needed to get this working, it's a fairly good read, all 48-50 pages of it..

Based on how it works, I feel once the GSM models are figured out, I think it will work on CDMA models. It's just using the current data connection from what I see.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Come on Cookers, let's get to hacking. Daddy wants some piece and quiet on long trips with the family..............
Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

-Enkidu- is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
People, The Mango Wi-Fi tethering(you need mango for this) is based off of hardware chipset with a combo of software.

[LIST] Devices that CAN, CAN'T or HAVE WiFi hotspot support - xda-developers

The HTC Trophy and the 7 Pro (Arrive) does have the correct chipset (BRCM 4329) that will support Wi-FI tethering. (I only care about the Trophy really...sorry but, I like to help)

The problem now is software on HTC devices (Samsungs included the software driver) that did not come on upgraded devices. It's the SoftAP drivers and registry edits that claim will solve the problem.

I would watch this thread (as I have been and have a buch of posts in it), it's manly about getting "Mango" wi-fi tethering working but, there is HTC people in there trying to see if they can get it working.

Mango Internet Sharing/Tethering - Omnia 7/Focus Tutorial Added to OP - xda-developers

It's a interesting read, if you really wanted to have an idea on what is needed to get this working, it's a fairly good read, all 48-50 pages of it..

Based on how it works, I feel once the GSM models are figured out, I think it will work on CDMA models. It's just using the current data connection from what I see.
There's more, granted, that if it works you still need to be dev/dreamspark unlocked since there's no DFT unlock for the GoldC (Arrive).
I heard some have begun cooking roms with added certs that allow one to sideload apps with the corresponding cert (no dev unlock required). Anyway, here's the linkys:

I assumed this guide would work & thought I read someone with an Arrive had it running:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1233612

Another Link which states HTC devices:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238519

Last edited by -Enkidu-; 10-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Gee
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

Gee is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Red face Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
So you all cant thether. How do you all get by? Go to McD?

I was thether to my laptop and in my car for hours on my TP2. Its still going n going.
LOL. I know right. I'm so reluctant to leave my TP2...
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
LOL. I know right. I'm so reluctant to leave my TP2...
@Gee ,@chong67 WP7 supports tethering now but it's up to the carriers to enable it. My HD7 has tethering in it and for no extra charge or hacks required whatsoever. Don't know if it'll be on the arrive or not especially considering the condition of the sprint network and their commitment (or lack thereof) to WP.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

So far, Sprint has opted to NOT enable tethering on the Arrive yet. Too bad... it's a really great feature.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Yeah, unfortunately that may never be available for the arrive. I get great sprint speed and service combined with a low price. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to get a good WP7 phone that supports tethering via sprint. The arrive feels abandoned by sprint and Custom FW devs.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Win7 Pro
Carrier: USC

hippy43 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

With US Cell tethering is a pay option, $30/ month I believe. THEY have to "turn it on". <sigh>
Maybe someday someone with the know how will figure a way around this that doesn't require an unlocked phone. Man I miss my WinMoble Wifi Router. (
Old 12-23-2011, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sal475 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yup! I have looked everywhere and found nothing. Other then what you stated something about ICS needing to be enabled, but I have not heard any chatter on anyone working on a rom. I heard the 7740 release on some of the other wm7 phones activated it, but sprints update did not include it. Honestly love my phone, but do miss the ability to switch things up with a new rom every so often.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm about to make the jump from TP2 to Arrive.....still no way to tether the Arrive?

I'll be keeping my TP2, so I guess I can swap it back onto my line for long car trips....but obviously that's not ideal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro