PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

95FormulaTA is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Time discrepancy in incoming text messages

Loving the Arrive so far, after finally retiring the 6900. Have a couple quirks so far, besides experiencing the lack of sms notification LED I have also noticed that the time noted on sms/mms is exactly 5 hours ahead of the actual time it was received. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs?

Unfortunately in all my excitement over my first new phone since ~April of 2008 I did not hard reset it after I got it so I don't know if the errors I'm having now are related. Would love to hear from someone who did reset it and is having these issues because without a program to back up a WP7 device I don't want to start over installing all I have.

Thanks again for any help you can provide
Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Time discrepancy in incoming text messages

backup with cloud and hardreset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Please excuse my ignorance about the workings of WP7, I'm just a couple days into this OS. I understand that my linked Live/Google/Facebook are synced so that information should come right back and the few pics/vids I have are via Zune. The question I have is are the installed apps also synced via the Zune Software? With the few I have it wouldn't be any trouble writing them down but was just wondering for future reference.

I greatly appreciate the quick response darren!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95FormulaTA View Post
Please excuse my ignorance about the workings of WP7, I'm just a couple days into this OS. I understand that my linked Live/Google/Facebook are synced so that information should come right back and the few pics/vids I have are via Zune. The question I have is are the installed apps also synced via the Zune Software? With the few I have it wouldn't be any trouble writing them down but was just wondering for future reference.

I greatly appreciate the quick response darren!
if there bought from zune then yes, here is a quote about restore that may help:"If you buy an app in the Zune software, you're golden. These apps will sync back over and automatically download when you connect to Zune. HOWEVER, if you buy apps from the marketplace on the phone, you have to go back in an manually download all of your apps." im not 100% sure on this but hope it helps.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks again Darren. You beat me to the edit I was doing to my post.

"Just think I answered my own question using that great Google tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935038"

I can't remember which ones I have done so will make a quick note then reinstall them via Zune.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 PM
acs tester

this may work for ya on apps, its a hd2 app so not positive but your resetting anyhow so worth a shot. (credit to xda user "joplayer")

[Mar 8] WP7 App Restore [Install many XAP in one click] - xda-developers
Attached Files
File Type: zip WP7appRestore.zip (126.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Actually I'll find them via Zune, uninstall then reinstall all of them before the reset
Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool I'll give it a shot
Old 03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95FormulaTA View Post
Cool I'll give it a shot
report back so i know or know not to pass it on and delete it please sir.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I didn't get to read up on the procedure because XDA site was down for maintenance. I ended up just hard reseting it. Learned a couple things.

1) It did not rectify the time stamp issue with the sms/mms.
2) The LED notification still did not function.
3) I could not load any apps from the Zune app store that were loaded from the phone even after the hard reset. I was prompted with "Already Purchased" with the grayed out "Buy" button. I don't know if this is a know issue

I'm out from a back surgery so I'll have plenty of time to check out the WP7 App Restore tomorrow. Nothing stopping another reset if it don't, worth a shot if it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
arrive, led, text, time