PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: When is the 7 pro coming to Sprint US ?

im gonna call and **** with My local SPrint store now about this device and pre-orders..
Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
im gonna call and **** with My local SPrint store now about this device and pre-orders..

lol now why would u wanna go and do sumfin like that for ???
Old 02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 7pro

gemini5150 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I got my pseudo pre-order. The sprint store in brighton ma. has not received the email, but the manager is taking a list of names and setting phones aside for people whom want one. (i happen to be number 2 on that list). or maybe he just said that to make me leave. hahaha. But he seemed to be telling the truth and knew of the phone as well.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkdevelopment View Post
I had to go into the store and after some explaining that the phone DID exist and that they DID have to take my reservation that girl checked her sprint email and magically there were instructions on how to do it in there. I had to buy a $50 gift card (which I can use when I buy the phone) and make an appointment to come and pick it up.
Don't you hate it when the customer knows more than the employees. Ugghh.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmonster67 is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: When is the 7 pro coming to Sprint US ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Don't you hate it when the customer knows more than the employees. Ugghh.
It's par for the course with Sprint unfortunately.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I was checking the Arrive out yesterday online, when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to chat with a representative. I told him (her?) that I currently have a TP 2 everything messaging plan with 3 additional phones running about $ 130 per month. I asked what would happen if I upgraded my TP 2 to the Arrive. I was advised that the per phone cost of of 2 of my phones would go from $10 per month to $20 per month (a $20 increase right there) and I'd be charged the additional new smartphone charge of $ 10 per month. One of my sons has the Evo and is paying the $ 10 surcharge for 4G - even though it is not available in New Orleans. Since the Arrive doesn't even support 4G, I'm wondering if it worth the extra cost. Is it going to be that much better than the TP 2?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmonster67 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
I was checking the Arrive out yesterday online, when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to chat with a representative. I told him (her?) that I currently have a TP 2 everything messaging plan with 3 additional phones running about $ 130 per month. I asked what would happen if I upgraded my TP 2 to the Arrive. I was advised that the per phone cost of of 2 of my phones would go from $10 per month to $20 per month (a $20 increase right there) and I'd be charged the additional new smartphone charge of $ 10 per month. One of my sons has the Evo and is paying the $ 10 surcharge for 4G - even though it is not available in New Orleans. Since the Arrive doesn't even support 4G, I'm wondering if it worth the extra cost. Is it going to be that much better than the TP 2?
If I were you I'd reach through your monitor and slap that person. There's no extra data surcharge because the phone doesn't use 4G. I got my new phone from the store yesterday and it uses the same plan as my TP2, no change in cost what-so-ever.

When you're dealing with Sprint personnel on the phone or online, the less you tell them the better. Just tell them the phone and the monthly plan cost that you want, don't confuse them with what you have or what would happen if; you'll only get misinformation and frustration.

Last edited by cmonster67; 03-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

All new smartphones are being charged a $10 surcharge for premium data. The premium is for both 4g and regular 3g as well.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

P.S. the Arrive was at my local Sprint store yesterday, if you get a chance I'd go in and play with it. I had never seen an Evo screen up close, and the Arrive's screen is just... TINY compared to it.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache(PPC6700)->Touch Pro-> TP2-> Arrive

Esmartuek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
All new smartphones are being charged a $10 surcharge for premium data. The premium is for both 4g and regular 3g as well.
This is because all the new devices are centered around data usage and are more heavily tailored to it. We're still paying less than GSM users and we get more for our money, too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
htc 7 pro