PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you getting the 7 Pro?
Yes 52 55.91%
No 17 18.28%
Undecided 24 25.81%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whose getting it?

If I decided that WP7 was worth having I would probably go for this model which is really just a TP3 with new OS.

I'm not so sure I am interested in WP7 though. It still seems like a half baked OS, more like the iPhone than the Android.

I will stay on the fence and let others TOFTT and see how much development there is for it. Decent 3rd party development might tip the scales for me. Android seems to make regular releases but those are still largely dependent on Google to add innovations.

The one thing that kept me with WinMo was the fact that the developers here and at XDA always found ways to keep my phone current with the latest features such as Mobile Hot Spot and newest and optimized flavors of the latest OS.

I don't particularly think this 7Pro (TP3) has all the features it should have but like I said if I had to buy a WP7 phone this is probably the one I would get.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
If I decided that WP7 was worth having I would probably go for this model which is really just a TP3 with new OS.

I'm not so sure I am interested in WP7 though. It still seems like a half baked OS, more like the iPhone than the Android.

I will stay on the fence and let others TOFTT and see how much development there is for it. Decent 3rd party development might tip the scales for me. Android seems to make regular releases but those are still largely dependent on Google to add innovations.

The one thing that kept me with WinMo was the fact that the developers here and at XDA always found ways to keep my phone current with the latest features such as Mobile Hot Spot and newest and optimized flavors of the latest OS.

I don't particularly think this 7Pro (TP3) has all the features it should have but like I said if I had to buy a WP7 phone this is probably the one I would get.

I STILL don't get the comparison to the iPhone. This is COMPLETELY different... Even looking at it you notice the lack of little boxes spilled out on your screen. There will be apps of course... Howerver the backbone of the OS is designed to interact with itself and with you for connectivity etc.
This phone is going to be the first one of many to come.
Each getting progressively better and each release of the OS also improving.
Remember... This will be version 1.0.
The TP2 is an animal as it is... With the imporvements it was given... I am sure it will be a very good device. I understand that it could have been better or even completely redesigned... But I wouldn't have done that either given a brand new OS version 1.0. Why else would all other manufacturers only give the phone a 1ghz processor?
Future devices will be much better. For now... I am eager to try this phone out and form my own opinion based on facts rather than theory.
p.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

lol aztechka spoken like a true geek i'm with u on that i also would like to get it and form my own opinion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

For the simple fact that it is such a limited thinking locked down OS, I am uninterested...
Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

iOS is also a limited thinking locked-down OS, and yet once jailbroken can do amazing things.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

sircas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I need the Power: Speed = 1Ghz Snapdragon w/ 160 mg more memory. Should be something to work with now. I am a Consultant - Sr. Financial Analyst. I use Excel, Word & PowerPoint a lot!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

I think I might sway from HTC for once... I'll see what samsung offers up with one of their Super AMOLED devices... it's all about the hardware now, htc's custom software is going to be a factor for at least a year. But if the 7 Pro is the only option when it drops, I bet a lot of us looking for a wp7 on sprint will get it...
Old 10-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My deciding factor now is WP7 going to be popular?

Android is open source.

Apache, php, mySQL, Ubuntu, Open Office, etc are all open source and always updated and free and good software.

I see hard core people like MightyRom moving to Android.

So what you think?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
My deciding factor now is WP7 going to be popular?

Android is open source.

Apache, php, mySQL, Ubuntu, Open Office, etc are all open source and always updated and free and good software.

I see hard core people like MightyRom moving to Android.

So what you think?
google wp7 once, people are going nutz for wp7 but gsm is first and there really going nutz plus telus announced there line up and mighty did want wp7 but not sure that still stands.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:38 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think my first WP7 will be the Dell Venue

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro