PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kitchens are the best, i truly dislike restoring all my installs for a simple freeze up, so we will "patiently" waiting for the next kitchen, hope is soon (like tomorrow?) he he...not.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
While that sounds like a simple request, there are 10 "give me everything" people for every 1 "give me as little as possible" person. The other part of the equation is that if we're going to support it, it helps to have everyone playing from the same music. Plus, you can always choose to not install the optional stuff - but I haven't seen a rom yet that didnt' have _anything_ from the optional list.

Personally, I think the first release of the WM6 kitchen will likely include all the optional stuff updated to current versions.
Great, and it will be a 400MB download. I say ship a bare bones kitchen and download the OEMs you want a la carte.

However, no one lives a toasted damn what I say.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jimskalajim is a n00b
Kirvin's Kitchens are the best

I for one listen to everything you say Jeff... I'll be waiting for your next Kitchen.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Actually, I think making a thread about this question is a great idea.
We've all been wondering, and I've even been guilty of bringing it up in the chat room the first day WM6 was out.

The worst thing we can do is to start bugging the guys that are making the kitchen.
If there is an entire thread dedicated to the question of "When", all the people that want to ask, will just come here, and they won't keep pestering the people making the kitchen.

All the kitchen makers have to do is avoid this thread, and they won't be bothered by it.
And, hopefully one of them will chime in one day and tell us it's ready or in beta testing or "In Your Dreams".
I'm betting it's "in your dreams". (It's in mine!)
Old 09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
Great, and it will be a 400MB download. I say ship a bare bones kitchen and download the OEMs you want a la carte.

nah, it'll only be 398MB.

Actually, it'll probably be similar to the prior kitchen's size (160MB), if I had to guess. I'm not calling the shots however, so it could be anything.

...and just because you mentioned it, your last statement is completely wrong - I toasted the damn I gave yesterday.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:35 AM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
Quote:

Make it a torrent! Or split it into two halves, one "core", one OEM/optional. Because to download each one a la carte is a huge pain (seek, download, seek, download etc). Plus you never know if you download the wrong version or an incompatible version....
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Quote:

how do those toasted damns taste, by the way? i prefer fried..
Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by store2000 View Post
Make it a torrent! Or split it into two halves, one "core", one OEM/optional. Because to download each one a la carte is a huge pain (seek, download, seek, download etc). Plus you never know if you download the wrong version or an incompatible version....
..... or a la carte by having them listed up on the ppcgeeks ftp.....

i check up there for updates more than i do on the forums....

or make your own oem! theres a "oemizer" program floating around somewhere...
Old 09-14-2007, 02:18 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Why doesn't everyone just shut up about the subject and let the devs do what they're going to do?

You guys demand way too much. If you want a kitchen without the OEMs, remove them yourself. Period, end of story. Why should everyone be put through so much more work for something that someone can turn around and do themselves?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
To the point

Etherreal, a little to much with the comment but to the point. The only thing to be concerned with is the stability of the kitchen and this takes time and trial. remove the stuff you don't want let it be released how it will be by the dev's then tweak it yourself. if your attempting on using a kitchen you should be able to do this. It is impossable and way to time consuming to tailor to every ones needs and wants as all that matters is that it has the core OS and that it is stable.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache