PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom 6700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

usib is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, getting the new kitchen now and will try it right away
Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom 6700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

usib is a n00b
Sorry to say...
Does NOT work with the latest kitchen.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6700
Carrier: sprint

uh_andy is a n00b
WM6 Wifi Problems

Wow - this worked for me too... 'enable Bluetooth to get wifi to connect'.

I could not connect using WPA-PSK until trying this.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

PPC6700Newbie is a n00b
Any latest news on fixes here? I have searched other PPCGeek threads and cannot find answers yet. I am running Helmi's early December WM6 kitchen and nothing from this thread has worked yet.

I tried the approach posted on Youtube by niko4k, but had the same problem as the previous posting...my phone only attempts to connect for about 5 seconds before giving up and going to "available" status. There is no long or forever attempt to connect to my WPA wireless. Can I change settings to get the long pause? Or other solutions yet?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: VZW

zadok is a n00b
I HAD the same problem, until I enabled BOTH TKIP and AES on the router. I had set the router to AES for an 802.11n issue for my laptop. I had to download and install beta firmware for the WRT-350N. Then I could select BOTH TKIP and AES on the router. It seems that TKIP is needed for WPA-PSK on the XV-6700 running the 12/17/2007 Helmi.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

damien41630 is a n00b
Re: WM6 WIFI problems

I recently upgraded my 6700 to wm6 and I am unable to connect to a wpa-tkip network as described in this thread. I tried th work around and it does work, but is ther a longer term fix to resolve this problem. If so where do i need to go to download it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700,moto q ,samsung omnia
Carrier: Verizon

winstonwolf is just getting started

hi all, i sometimes have similar problems connecting to wifi with wm6 , what works for me sometimes is if i go to the wireless manager , turn off wifi , wait like 5 seconds ,then turn it back on it connects ...kinda weird but it works, hope this helps someone ..also if any one knows how to block other wifi signals from popping up once im connected please let me know ..seems like when im connected to my home wifi , it will be fine then i walk outside and it will say various spots are available ,then it automatically boots me off my connection...thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwolf View Post
any one knows how to block other wifi signals from popping up once im connected please let me know
You cant stop it from picking up other networks, thats the point of constant scanning, I understand what you are trying to do but you just cant do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwolf View Post
seems like when im connected to my home wifi , it will be fine then i walk outside and it will say various spots are available ,then it automatically boots me off my connection
the device will try to connect to whatever the strongest signal is. That doesnt mean it WILL connect but it will try. If you go outside and pick up your neighbors network and he is running 802.11b with no encryption but MAC filtration you will scan his network and try to connect and WILL connect but due to the MAC filtration you will not surf.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache